šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mariah J

Discovered a recently released dog food called Elevate and would love to see it reviewed or even just to see some opinions on its formula as it seems like a good option at a decent price

#106045 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Canā€™t find pricing on it anywhere. For the big bags though Iā€™d hope theyā€™re ~50$. Seem like youā€™re run of the mill dog foods. Nothing special. Reminds me of merrick a bit, or solid gold grain free foods.

#106051 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi

We carry this where I work now. I would say it’s similar to taste of the wild if I had to compare it to any other brands. We have the large bag size priced at $49.99 same as how we price taste of the wild. The company that manufactures the food is called American Pet Nutrition.

I wouldn’t say this food has any special qualities other than the price bring good. It’s a pretty typical grain free food.

#106053 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi pl and hc-
    What are your guys opinion or experience with the American Pet Nutrition company? They make PetSmart’s house brands. I received an email recently that they were coming out with a new food. Must be this one. My dogs have done well on Authority, which is a suggested budget friendly kibble.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by crazy4cats.
    #106055 Report Abuse
    Mariah J

The price at our local store is 46, compared to the 60 we’re spending now that’s a lot better but I’m not sure it’s enough to switch. My fur baby has done so amazingly well on Earthborn Primitive Natural that I’m hesitant to try anything else

#106062 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

C4c, I am honestly not that familiar with American Pet Nutrition. I did see from their site that they make a variety of foods, mostly grocery store brands. I did not see Authority on their site either, so I did not know they made that.

I dont think they have been involved in any recalls or at least none I’m aware of.

#106064 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Ok, thanks, pl. I emailed and asked about Authority and they confirmed that they make it. Seems like house brands never like to disclose their manufacturers. I rotated through several of the with grain formulas and my dogs are doing great. They have nice soft shiny fur! Must be all that nasty corn that so many people frown upon! 😉

Good luck with your decision, Mariah! It’s not a bad idea to switch brands now and then if your dog does not have any conditions preventing it.

#106069 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Lol sounds like my dogs on ProPlan!

Good they were up front about making Authority. Always a good sign.

#109682 Report Abuse
    Kimberly F

I purchased Elevate last month for multiple reasons. No chicken, zinc levels are noted, all ingredients are sourced and price. This is a plant based food, which my 2 Huskies liked. One has issues with chicken and all snow dogs should have adequate zinc in their diets to prevent seizures. Diets with corn and soy will prevent absorption of zinc, so saving a few dollars a bag can be tragic. But it’s also possible to not need to spend $100 a bag for quality food. The 28 lb bag was around $50 and well liked by my dogs. I would recommend it with out hesitating.

#112189 Report Abuse
    Rachel E

I’ve had my dogs on this brand for a little while. I have three large breed dogs and one broke out in 2 hotspots 2 weeks in…… :/ Not the best start, so I switched her from the purple bag (lamb/Turkey) i was feeding and have gotten everyone on the green bag. (Acadia . Chicken Turcky and duck) and the hot spot went away and she seems fine. I think there’s a lot of fat or something in it, my dogs have kinda chubbed up since we switched from Diamon Natural, and sometimes they seem a little gassier.

The transition was easy.
    I feed less than the normal amount to make up for the chubby factor.

IDK, I don’t have any complaints.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rachel E.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.