Eight Year Old Picky Eater

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Eight Year Old Picky Eater

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jackieshoes
    Participant

I have an 8 year old teacup chihuahua that weighs 4.2 pounds. She has been on Beneful Incredibites for some time now and ONLY likes the chewy ones. She picks them out and comes and finds me to feed her more if there aren’t many in there. I had no idea what kind of JUNK they put in dog food until I changed my English Bulldog from Prescription Diet to Castor and Pollux UltraMix (totally different dog).

I have been on the search for a food that she will eat, as she is very very very picky. She turns her nose up at things most dogs would woof down in no time. She doesn’t like cheese (unless its string cheese), any treats I have ever purchased (except marrowbones and she only gets a few of those a month), greenies, green beans, bananas, carrots, etc. She just turns her nose up and walks off. I want to find a good food that is relatively chewy (but not wet) that she will eat – but want it to be a QUALITY food because I want her life to be as full as possible. She is still full of life and acts like a puppy most days running around and chasing things – so no major health issues. Except we might be a little overdue on a dental, but I’m between jobs right now so that will have to wait.

I appreciate any input and recommendations!

#24792 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I don’t think there is a quality soft kibble out there since they have to use certain preservatives for moist foods. Just look how bad Moist & Meaty is. Have you tried some refrigerated foods like Fresh Pet or Vital?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.