šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave W

Hi,
    Our 2 dogs have eaten “Earthborn Primitive Natural” for years w/ no issues. however, when we just purchased a new bag (we get a large bag once a month), both dogs have had severe diarrhea ever since. Nothing else in their diet has changed and this is just a new bag of the same Earthborn. The dogs don’t wander off, so don’t believe they “got into anything”. does anyone know if earthborn changed their dog food ingredients over the last several months? Thanks.

#114412 Report Abuse
    Christina H

Hi Dave,
    We are experiencing the same issue with both our dogs. Ordered a new 28 lb bag from Amazon and noticed the kibble was shaped differently and the bag opened differently although neither of these things alarmed us until our smaller dog became ill so we took him off kibble and he got much better then added it back and the diarrhea is back now the larger dog now has it as well! They also turn their noses up to this particular bag?????? We bought our bag April 26th……..I will be calling Earthborn on Monday!

#114413 Report Abuse
    Dave W

Thank you so much Christina for the response. That exactly mirrors out situation. I contacted Earthborn and they said their ingredients had not changed recently, but as you said the food looks different (different color too). Below is their response. We stopped our dogs on it completely and have slowly introduced them back to it and they are doing okay now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hello Dave,
    We have not made any recent changes to the Earthborn Primitive Natural formula at this time.
    Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that your pet is not feeling well. If you can supply me with the bag size and date code on the packaging, we can better investigate the issue. The date code will look something like this: 02/Feb/17 M-1 L-1 B-15 With that code, we can determine exactly when the food was manufactured and check manufacturing records and batch samples.
    All of our products are 100% guaranteed, so you can return the food for a full refund or exchange. We want you to get a bag of food that you can feed.
    We are truly sorry that you have had a less than perfect experience with our food.
    Shawn H.
    Customer Service
    Earthborn Holistic
    http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/dog-food-formulas
    Shawn H.
    Consumer Affairs Coordinator

#114458 Report Abuse
    Christina H

Thank you very much Dave for sharing your findings! We are still monitoring the situation and do hope for the same positive outcome you are having since it is not easy for us to switch dog foods. We have a severely allergic dog that has allergies to some typical ingredients used in premium foods, it is quite challenging at best! I still find all of this rather strange…….

#114498 Report Abuse
    Dave W

One of our dogs also has an allergic reaction (in his case non-stop itching, so not as severe as your case) to other dog foods, so we used Earthborn. We have had no issues until now. The cold turkey followed by easing them back into it still going well. Good luck Christina! – Dave

#114507 Report Abuse
    Christina H

After several days of both dogs having diarrhea we have stopped cold turkey! We will give your method a try fingers crossed. Our allergic dog suffered from severe itching as well, we were so frustrated that we had allergy testing. Found that he was allergic to pork, flaxseed and grass of all things! We now give him a shot monthly, it has been life changing for all of us! Thanks and I hope things continue to go well for you! -Christina

#115284 Report Abuse
    Christina H

I ended up ordering a new bag from Chewy.com after calling Amazon about the bag of different/strange looking bag of food I bought from them. Amazon apologized and gladly refunded my money I did not know that Earthborn does not guarantee dog food bought from Amazon! After receiving our new bag our dogs were happy to eat it again. I am so glad I didnā€™t feed them the ā€œbadā€ bag we actually threw it away! There was definitely something wrong with it, the dogs knew too!

#115286 Report Abuse
    Dave W

So happy it eventually worked out for you and the dogs Christina. I have appreciated chatting with you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.