šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Reed R

I need some suggestions on a good nutritional quality dry food to use as a 10% supplement to the 90% of a Veterinary prescribed dry food(Royal Canin Calm) I am feeding her which supplements her meds. She is about a 5-6 year old Spitz/Border Collie mix that was a feral dog living on the streets. We have had her for 5 years. Ultra smart but also can get pretty wild. She eats all types of raw fruits and vegetables that are suitable for dogs and during gardening season right form our organic garden (sometimes when she not supposed to she just helps herself). I have been looking at Fromm’s & Taste of the Wild. When we first got her we were feeding her Canidae until her attitude issues made the shift to her current food. Our Vet/Behaviorist is letting us try supplementing to start 10% of her current food with another brand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#71572 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Reed R-
    Thank you for taking in a stray pup. She’s a wild thing, huh? Does the vet food help? I’ve never fed either Fromm or Taste of the Wild, but Fromm has a much better reputation. It is made by a smaller company with a better history. Many posters on this site feed it to their pups. Good luck to you on whatever you decide.

#71683 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I hope Reed comes back….I’ve never heard of a “calm” dog food.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.