šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan W

My sheltie is 7 years old, she’s allergic to chicken, turkey, eggs and white potatoes. Everything I find has chicken bi-products or egg products. She’s 40 pounds and should be 25 – 30, and has skin irritation and rash. The Merrick dog food looked pretty good but someone mentioned that Purina bought them out and changed the ingredients, I’m feeding her Taste of the Wild ( bison and vinison) but the ingredients have chicken and egg products. Help !

#112228 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I won’t ask what makes you think she is allergic to all these things. I would consult a veterinary dermatologist for accurate testing/diagnosis and treatment (if you haven’t done so already)
    Everyone wants to blame the food, often food is not the culpit based on my experience.

Anyway, Nutrisca salmon and some of the Zignature kibbles may meet your criteria, we like the whitefish.

#112240 Report Abuse
    2doodlemom

As above suggested we have found the Zignature line has no chciken and quite a few choices but you will have to check for the other ingredients. There are also several brands that offer limited ingredients or lamb and rice. Hope you find something that works for your pup.

#112242 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Purina has owned merrick for about 4 years and there hasnā€™t been a single change, recipe or bag design wise. In my opinion it is still a quality food.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.