šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brent E

It’s time to switch to adult food and I’m looking at Wysong kibble. For some reason like this brand and its varieties, though I’m puzzled in general about protein which most of this companies formulas are very high, some 40%. They promote variety feeding several of their kibbles and wet. I think that’s what I like about Wysong, I don’t want my dog to eat the same thing every day.

But the main question I have is about the fruit and vegetables which in Wysong kibble are all listed as either dried or dried powders. For instance they include dried blueberry powder where Chicken Soup brand I’m using now just lists blueberries. Is there a difference in nutritional value between the two?
    Thanks! Brent

#132966 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Wysong is a small company, not sure I would trust it.

Have you checked out Fromm? https://www.gofromm.com/dog

As far as fruit and veggies go, I think anything in a kibble would be dried/powdered.
    Not sure about canned.

You can always go with something like Fromm Classic Adult or another basic kibble of your choice and add a little steamed veggies as a topper, a bit of scrambled egg, boiled chopped chicken meat, tuna. A splash of water.
    I would go light on the fruit and veggies, in some dogs it can cause loose stoole.

#132967 Report Abuse
    anonymous

If you have questions call Fromm

This one has blueberries https://www.frommfamily.com/products/dog/four-star/dry/#chicken-a-la-veg-recipe

I think they have to process fruits and veggies otherwise they would spoil in the bag very quickly. Just my thoughts…

#132968 Report Abuse
    Brent E

Thanks for your input. In the end the produce is dried in the process of making the kibble. I just wondered if there was any degradation of their nutrients by dehydrating them first and adding to the mix. But I’m starting to get the feeling that the powdered produce may actually be more concentrated and potentially higher in nutrients.

I have not looked at Fromm kibble yet. I will definitely check it out as long as they have grain options. I want my dog to eat grains. Thanks again.

#132969 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

All kibbles are processed and cooked down to a hard kibbled shape. Nothing in it is fresh after that process (tho I do believe wysong uses mostly fresh ingredients or refrigerated) That goes for Fromm and Wysong. However Wysong has been making foods for almost as long as Fromm has and has plenty of experience. If youā€™re dog can handle rotation I think itā€™s a good idea to rotate between not only within a brand but other high quality meat based foods. Wyson epigen is some of the best dog food in my opinion. They own their own production and research facilities and follow the strick rules of the fda, aafco, usda, and haccp in their facilities.

#133057 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Quote: “I just wondered if there was any degradation of their nutrients by dehydrating them first and adding to the mix”.

Of course fresh is best but how many of us can afford that everyday? A lot of folks on fixed incomes can only afford frozen fruits/veggies (for themselves). I am sure they are getting some benefit…but it’s not the same thing :-/

I consider dog food kibble the base, not the entire meal. So by adding some fresh cooked ingredients (plus water) to it, I feel I am covering all bases.

So far I have had positive results. I don’t expect any kibble or canned food to cover all nutritional needs (ideally) for pets.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.