Dr. Tims grain free for senior

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Dr. Tims grain free for senior

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Y

Although it says it’s all stages, would this really be a good food for a senior? I’m asking because I’m going to try switching one of my younger beagles to the grain free formula and I was thinking about switching my senior (beagle, will be 12 in a couple of months) to the grain free instead of the grain formula. Her poops are smaller and not as firm as they were before on grain free.

I also noticed she gained weight on the grain formula which is why I’m afraid changing to higher protein and fat is not a good idea. She gets a cup a day with a little yogurt or a little can food (plus a couple of treats). Thoughts on this?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Sarah Y.
    #46512 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Your senior beagle can eat this food. Just keep track of her weight and reduce her portion if needed. For some dogs, less carbs actually helps them loose or maintain weight. It does for all of mine, young and old. My oldest is 15 yrs.

#46513 Report Abuse
    Sarah Y

is yours eating Dr. Tims grain free? I guess I can feed her less than a cup. Just weird because I’m feeding my 23 lb beagle a little more than 3/4 of a cup and Trudy (senior) is 37 lbs and she only gets a cup.

Thanks again for your feedback 🙂

#46514 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I don’t feed Dr Tim’s (too stocked up right now on dog food), but the 15 yr old eats a similar profile in kibble and even eats more protein and fat than that when I give him some raw food or canned food.

#46518 Report Abuse
    Sarah Y

okay thanks for sharing 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.