🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

For anyone interested:

Whitebridge Acquires Dogswell
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017, Whitebridge announced that it had acquired Dogswell, the maker of Dogswell and Nutrisca brands of dog and cat food. Whitebridge issued the following press release:

Whitebridge Pet Brands, LLC (“Whitebridge Pet Brands”), a leader in natural and minimally-processed pet foods, announced today it has completed the acquisition of Arthur Dogswell LLC (“Dogswell”), maker of Dogswell® and Nutrisca® treats and foods for dogs and cats. Whitebridge Pet Brands, backed by Frontenac, a private equity firm focused on investing in the lower middle market, acquired Dogswell from TSG Consumer Partners (“TSG”) and other shareholders. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Dogswell is a leading supplier of premium, innovative pet food and treats that are high-quality, delicious and provide proactive, nutritional benefits. Founded in 2004, the Los Angeles-based company was built on the belief that better nutrition leads to a longer, healthier and happier life for pets.

Whitebridge Pet Brands, led by CEO Olivier Amice, was founded in January 2015 with the merger of Cloud Star, a leading pet treat manufacturer and Petropics, maker of Tiki Cat® and Tiki Dog™.

“At Whitebridge Pet Brands, our team shares a passion for pets and the belief that natural and minimally-processed nutrition positively impacts the health and happiness of dogs and cats. We are very excited that Dogswell® and Nutrisca® brands will be joining Whitebridge Pet Brands’ portfolio as Dogswell® functional meaty treats and Nutrisca® grain & potato free foods are complementary to our other brands. Merging the two companies will allow us to leverage our combined structure to better service our distributors and retailers and accelerate our overall growth” said Amice.

“Dogswell® and Nutrisca® are well respected brands which will further bolster our product portfolio at Whitebridge,” said Joe Rondinelli, Vice President at Frontenac. “We see a tremendous opportunity to further build on the brands’ positioning and to accelerate growth by continuing to offer new and innovative products to pet parents.”

“Natural, minimally processed food and treats, for dog and cats, continues to be a growing and attractive spot in the market,” added Walter Florence, a Managing Partner at Frontenac. “We are excited to be making this acquisition, which fits well with our strategy and allows us to further invest behind a great leadership team. We could not be happier with what Olivier and the entire team at Whitebridge have already accomplished. We are confident they will continue to lead these brands to even greater future success.”
    Rob Leibowitz, Operating Partner at TSG and Dogswell CEO, said, “Dogswell® has firmly established itself as a pioneer and innovator in the pet consumables space. We’ve enjoyed our productive partnership with the team and look forward to watching the Company continue to grow as part of Whitebridge Pet Brands.”

Whitebridge Pet Brands is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Dogswell’s corporate office is in Los Angeles, California and its state-of-the-art SQF3 manufacturing facility is located in Joplin, Missouri. Customers and consumers can be assured minimal disruption as the businesses are integrated.

#99731 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I wonder what changes this will mean for the food?
    Also, I read that Chewy was bought by PetSmart, then I read that Dogswell/Nutrisca may no longer be available at Chewys soon, because of the PetSmart connection….
    I don’t know how true this is.

#99734 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant
    #99736 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I just spoke to Chewy, they said the PetSmart transaction will not have an effect on their day to day operations.
    However, the person I spoke to was unaware of the statement made by Tuffy/Nutrisource. “We will be parting ways with Chewy”
    They are looking into it…….

#101134 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I have decided to switch from Nutrisca Salmon to Zignature Whitefish as a base kibble, based on different things I am hearing, the salesperson at my local pet supply store confirmed that Dogswell product sales have been going down, while Zignature sales are going up.
    I have had no problems with Nutrisca and may return, we’ll see.
    Also, some of these foods may no longer be available at Chewy in the future, due to Chewy being bought by PetSmart. Changes ahead….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.