šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    emchide
    Participant

Hello again everyone,

I’m not sure this will be of more than speculative interest to most of you, unless you also live in the the greater Baltimore metropolitan area, but I think I’ve found a very appealing raw food source at a great price point. Any insights or thoughts will be appreciated, but it seems this company at the moment isn’t shipping product at all and is only available locally. Nonetheless, I am excited by the affordability/quality intersection as I see it.

Dogs Gone Wild

Currently offering one pound chubs, beef marrow bones, turkey necks, and chicken necks at one of the smaller, locally-owned pet stores (Howl, Dogma, and Bark!)- I have two others to explore and see if more variations are available. The PetCo and PetSmart stores nearby don’t carry DGW.

Chicken: 70% chicken / chicken bone
    20% vegetables – broccoli, kale, carrots
    10% organ meats
    $2.50/lb

Turkey: 70% turkey / turkey bone
    20% vegetables – green beans, carrots, yellow squash
    10% organ meats
    $2.65/lb

Beef: 70% beef / beef bone
    20% vegetables – butternut squash, green beans, kale
    10% organ meats
    $3.05/lb

Duck: 70% duck / duck bone
    20% vegetables-butternut squash, carrots, zucchini
    10% organ meats.
    $4.00/lb

Lamb: 80% lamb / lamb bone
    20% vegetables – zucchini, carrots, parsley
    **was out of stock**

Chicken & Veggie Mix Crude Protein (min) 12% Crude Fat (min) 10% Crude Fiber (max) 2% Moisture (max) 72%
    Turkey & Veggie Mix Crude Protein (min) 12% Crude Fat (min) 5% Crude Fiber (max) 2% Moisture (max) 76%
    Beef & Veggie Mix Crude Protein (min) 14% Crude Fat (min) 10% Crude Fiber (max) 2% Moisture (max) 70%
    Duck and Veggie Mix. Crude Protein (min) 14% Crude Fat (min) 5% Crude Fiber (max) 2% Moisture (max) 75%
    Lamb & Veggie Mix Crude Protein (min) 11% Crude Fat (min) 25% Crude Fiber (max) 2% Moisture (max) 61%

When thawed, the grinds look very appealing and fresh – softer and looser than my only comparisons, the FreshPet Vital refrigerated chubs which are firmer in texture and ~$6.00/lb.

I expect a significant contributor to their pricing involves not having supplemental vitamins included and thus not being certified as a complete food or whatnot. I’m curious about the perspectives of the knowledgeable members here.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by emchide.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by emchide.
    #24552 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

They don’t have to add supplemental vitamins if they are putting in whole foods that contain those vitamins, so I would still be wondering what you need to add. If you are still feeding half kibble or another raw that is complete and balanced, then I wouldn’t worry. But as a stand alone, I want to know that everything is in there. I would use it, but I am still feeding half kibble.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.