šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Judith M

Hello,
    My dogs are all sick and I believe it’s the dry food. Several days ago, I noticed that a couple of my dogs had diarrhea. At the time, I didn’t think too much about it because they are quite old and sometimes things just upset their stomachs. Over the next couple of days the diarrhea got worse and other dogs started having problems. Don’t think any of them are Then some of them started vomiting. At first, I attributed to something they got into in the yard, but after thinking about it, I realized that two of the dogs who were sick had not been outside. Yesterday and today the diarrhea has continued. A couple of the dogs seem to be stabilized, but the two older dogs are worse. I haven’t detected a fever in any of them. Since the dry food is the only thing they all have in common as far as diet, I have to believe that is the problem. I have searched online for recalls of the food, but see none. I have put them on a special diet of boiled chicken breast, white rice and yogurt. I have antibiotics and steroids to use if necessary, Any suggestions on how to research the dog food to find out if it’s contaminated?

#82289 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

You can contact rtechlabs.com to see if they analyze dog foods. When that happened to my pups the 1st time, I found out their food’s ingredients had changed (sourcing) but the label listing stayed the same. Then I did a full allergy panel after a 2nd bout to find out what my pups became intolerant to. After that, I just stopped whatever I was giving them immediately and gave them something else. Of course, each time had a vet visit for testing to make sure it wasn’t anything more serious than food poisoning.

#82337 Report Abuse
    JeffreyT

Judith, may I ask the brand of food?

I have a pup with a sensitive stomach and at first sign of upset I give her Perfect Form by Honest Kitchen mixed with a little water and Animal Essentials Ginger (stops nausea and stomach upset) and give with a syringe. It works wonders.

How are your older ones doing? I hope they are feeling better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.