🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jjennilee

Is there a good trusted well balanced multi-vitamin or combination of vitamins for dogs that dont eat dog food

#35734 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Bumping and following this one. 😉 I definitely know there are! I’m not experienced enough to recommend anything yet though…what does your dog eat? If it’s a very well-balanced home made/raw diet, then he shouldn’t need too much extra.

#35738 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Look into Nature’s Logic. I think it is called Whole Food Fortifier.

It really depends on what you are feeding already.

#35740 Report Abuse
    Jjennilee

I try to vary the meats from beef to chicken etc… sometimes i can get some wellness core kibble in them if i mix egg with it …. but i know alot of the major dog foods have like the fatty acids and other vitamins to keep them healthy … But i am done with purchasing any dog food persay as they eat it for a few days then they tire of it and i am back to square one… so figured if there was a vitamin at least i would know they would have solid foundation… wish there was a food pyramid like for humans lol

#35741 Report Abuse
    Jjennilee

oh and i have tried some of the mix in stuff like dynavite and honest kicthen etc… if it dosent smell good to them they refuse completely so looking for something i can slip them in a piece of meat etc lol

#35742 Report Abuse
    Jjennilee

thanks theBCnut i will do that

#35743 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

You might want to look into getting Steve Brown’s book “Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet” and Dr. Karen Becker’s book “Real Food for Healthy Dogs and Cats” for some recipe ideas. They will tell you exactly what needs to be added to meat to make a balanced diet.

#35751 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

One of my favorites is from Nature’s Farmacy….order it online at Naturesfarmacy.com.
    It’s called Dogzymes Ultimate. They also have Ultimate Complete now, which contains probs/enz, vitamins, minerals, joint health ingredients. This vitamin smells really good and the dogs love the taste.

#35756 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

B-naturals supplements are next on my list to try.

#36372 Report Abuse

There’s really no need to add vitamins if you feed commercial food since it’s already fortified. You can add whole foods like raw eggs or fish oil, but giving synthetic ones like the tablets you see sold at big box stores can lead to vitamin overdose.
    there are some holistic premixes that also incorporate whole foods like flaxseed and kelp, I would use those instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.