🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cearaandtroy
    Participant

We bought our pup some chicken leg quarters to make the big jump to raw. I was hoping he would take right to it, but unfortunately he is very resistant to the idea. I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been fed science diet since you were a puppy! I really really want him to get this, does anyone know of any ways to convince him to eat the raw meat? If I cut off small chunks and make it seem like a treat, he sometimes takes it and is very excited. Otherwise, he licks and might half heartedly gnaw on the leg quarter before losing interest and finding something else to do. So far, I’ve tried searing the outside and that got his attention for a few minutes but he again left it. What can I do??

#21368 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve heard some dogs like chunks and sometimes lightly frozen so it has some texture to it. You can also start with some ground raw instead of whole meat and bone.

#21436 Report Abuse
    guidosmom
    Participant

I have two dogs, and one of them has been the exact same way. I fully expected him to devour his first raw meal. Instead he didn’t really want anything to do with it. Our other dog thought it was the best thing that ever happened to her. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.