šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael R

I’m not saying there is any, but in this world it’s smart to doubt everything because corruption seems to be everywhere. I’m asking because out of the 5 dog foods that meet WSAVA requirements, 3 (Royal Canin, Eucanuba, and Iams) are owned by Mars Corporation, a pretty big conglomerate that has factories all over the world including China. Hills won’t say where it’s made. Purina of course is owned by Nestle. These giants in the business probably can afford to check the boxes, but I’m still skeptical.

#137740 Report Abuse
    haleycookie

Hills is owned by Colgate. Like the toothpaste company. Idk if there are multiple but there is one production factory here in my state. Smells absolutely disgusting when you drive by it.

And of course thereā€™s some conflict of interest in these companies and how theyā€™re the only ones that can fit into wsava requirements. Wsava was make by and for those three companies. I would tread cautiously.

Feed your dog a meat based food (better yet rotate multiple meat based foods) add canned food, raw toppers, raw chicken hearts, bone broth, etc and feed as much fresh foods as possible. Donā€™t over feed, make sure the dog gets proper exercise, and regular vet visits. These are the best things you can do. I would avoid carb loaded foods such as the big 5 foods being recommended currently. Taurine isnā€™t found in any type of carb, itā€™s found in fresh meat and organs. People seem to be forgetting that.

#137754 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

People seem to forget that dogs are able to synthesize their own taurine if the proper precursors are included in their food. People also forget that many of the dogs being diagnosed with diet related DCM are not deficient in taurine. There is something else going on that has not been discovered yet . Maybe some type of toxicity.

Some people should do some research and listen to the experts who are researching this issue rather than forming their own conclusions without the proper facts or education.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.