šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alex F
    Participant

Hello forum users! I have been having a tough time finding a commercial diet for my dog that has recently suffered from a bout of pancreatitis and whose kidneys are starting to show signs of decline. I am looking for dog food (preferably small kibble – she is a 14 year old Miniature Pinscher) that is both low in fat and low in protein. Any suggestions? She is currently on the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal diet.

Thank you for any help!
    Alex

#176900 Report Abuse
    Sarah W
    Participant

Hi Alex
    It is so sad to hear that your dog is suffering because of low protein and lose weight. Almost about two months back my pet Doberman had suffered from fever and all his health goes down. He was forced to intake non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to cure the disease. Now his health goes fine. In my advice, you can give Spot, Tango, Turkey, Red Quinoa, Beef & Millet, and Lamb & Brown Rice options to regain the health of your dog.

#176901 Report Abuse
    Alex F
    Participant

Hi Sarah, she is not suffering because of the current diet, she has a medical condition that requires low protein and low fat foods. The diet you suggest is high in both of those and would cause greater health issues for her.

#176902 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    There is a post under this topic (Diet and Health) started by KC . Just scroll down until you find topicI under (IS there dog food low in protein AND low in fat 4 renal failure AND pancreatitis). Many posted on their experience with their much loved dogs also suffering from these health issues and diets which helped.
    Hope maybe suggestions in feeding work with your pup.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Patricia A.
    #179483 Report Abuse
    Melissa C
    Participant

It’s sad to hear this news about your small dog. My dog was also suffering from the same problem due to a lack of proteins he lost too much weight because of not getting a good diet. Then my friend recommended me to try a diet available at a store named bonne et filou then I bought their diet and after using it for a month I have seen a good improvement in my dog he has grown and increased his weight and become active as well. I would suggest you try their diet maybe you would also get the same result as I have got till now. Here is the link to the store kindly go through it.
    https://www.reecoupons.com/view/bonne-et-filou

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.