🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marla G

Acana and Orijen: My breeder sent a copy last night of a lawsuit filed against Champion Pet Foods. It is one of the worst things I’ve ever read. Have any of you heard of it? It came from a website that was called The Truth About Pet Foods and it was dated 3/19/18. It states arsenic and mercury levels are startling high along with lead. There were several others mentioned too. I’m devastated to think a company I trusted has something so awful going on. I feel completely blindsided. If a food like Acana and Orijen have this happening, what’s left? And I don’t want to homecook for my dogs. Any information regarding this would be appreciated. I am completely dissolutioned now. Thanks.

#112245 Report Abuse
    Marla G

Following up, I’ve been talking with and emailing with the owner of the feed store where I purchase my food. He provided me with all the information I needed to feel comfortable with the Acana Duck and Pear I’m feeding. When you read the lawsuit that someone posted here on the forum, read carefully the measurements and claims particularly noting kilograms and milligrams. It speaks for itself.

#112261 Report Abuse
    Marla G

Correction, micrograms to milligrams. There is activity on Instagram and FB regarding this lawsuit. The company isn’t taking it laying down from what I’m reading.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.