Dog food brands that make food in their own factories??

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Dog food brands that make food in their own factories??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michelle C
    Participant

Hi! What brands make their foods in factories / plants that they actually own, and in the USA? …Versus subbing the production out to a factory that they don’t have any control over. List any that you know, please. Victor brand is one…

#179039 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I believe that Royal Canin, Purina, Hills, Iams and Eukanuba all own their own manufacturing facilities.

Good question! It is one of the criteria that the WSAVA recommends when choosing a food for our pets.

#181242 Report Abuse
    Joan S
    Participant

I didn’t know where to post this so I will post it here. I ‘ve been feeding my dogs Purina dry dog food for years. Wednesday evening I was scooping food from the bag that is in the pantry inside our house and in the scoop with the food was a MOUSE!!!

This is no joke, I have the pictures. I contacted Chewy – they refunded my money (I threw out all bags of food) and I contacted Purina. A “supervisor” with Purina, called me, apologized and offered me coupons or refund check. I declined both and asked questions about next steps etc. He said they will pass the information to Quality Assurance Department but that I would not receive any follow-up on what they find. I had the lot number on the bag and he couldn’t tell me in what factory it was made and wouldn’t give his last name. He basically had no information for me.

So, now I’ve chosen Hill’s Science Diet, but must continue with Purina (I had some Purina Beneful purchased at grocery store on hand) to mix in with new food. I am buying plastic containers to store food. Also, I am still completely grossed and freaked out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.