Dog Food Brands not listed

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Dog Food Brands not listed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William S

I do not see Hills Science Diet – prescription W/D, Z/D, and Metabolic.
    Also, Purina One, lamb

#112143 Report Abuse
    Marianne J

What information can I get regarding Halo brand of dog food. It is not listed in the odf food reviews. Thanks.

#112171 Report Abuse

Please keep in mind that currently, there are more than 340 dog foods rated 4 stars or higher on our website. Yet (by design) Editor’s Choice includes a much smaller selection — currently, just 72 brands and sub-brands.

There are many reasons a particular brand may not be included on our lists.

For example, in most cases, a company may not have met all our guidelines. Or more rarely, its agents may have been unwilling to reveal important manufacturing information.

Or we may be aware of unfavorable information about a company. Or we may have received tips from industry insiders that disqualify certain brands from inclusion on our lists.

In any case, you should be able to find a more detailed answer to your question and many others on our Editor’s Choice FAQ page as well as our How We Rate Dog Foods FAQ page, too.

#112172 Report Abuse

In-depth company reports are only available for Editor’s Choice brands and sub-brands. Halo is reviewed on our main (free) website and is not currently an Editor’s Choice selection.

Company reports are not available for Halo or for any other non-Editor’s Choice product.

Hope this helps.

#112191 Report Abuse
    Donna W

I use Just Food For Dogs (Hepatic Fish Formula) and can’t find a review of this brand. I did find your notes about the recall (which I thought was handled very well-immediate notification and explanation) but nothing else. Even my Vet uses this brand and I wondered if you have ever rated any of their formulas. Thank you.

#112445 Report Abuse
    Stanley M

Rachaels Ray wet dog food

#112486 Report Abuse
    gina s

I just switched all 7 of my dogs and 5 cats to Dr. Gary’s “Best Breed”. It’s made here in Ohio. I spoke at length to the rep while attending the 2018 Columbus Pet Expo and was pretty impressed. Especially where the meat was sourced from and how the kibble is cooked. AND…the meat is tested prior to cooking. So far….no recalls. I hope I made the right decision! Can you PLEASE review this company?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.