🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Do your dogs have really vivid dreams, or is my dog just reeeeeally special? Bentley will bark and whine and kick in his sleep. This is every time he sleeps, not just something that happens every now and then. He really gets into it, and he doesn’t seem to enjoy the experience, either. I always wake him up, if he doesn’t wake himself up.

Usually he yips and barks and “runs.” Just now he growled, real serious like, like he was going to eat someone or something (keeping in mind he’s only 8 pounds– a real big scary guy lol). The other dogs just twitch a little, ears or paws. Bentley just totally freaks out. It’s weird!

#30772 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would assume he is having terrier dreams. He is hunting or sparring or some other terrier thing. My terrier does this too. She has launched herself off the couch before. My Border Collies act like they are herding in their sleep, moments of intense running, then freeze, then running again, with occasional growls or yips, and just the barest tip of their tail wagging. My Saluki used to dream about running full out. My Beagle used to toss and turn and wag his tail like a maniac.

#30773 Report Abuse

Akari-

My Great Dane dreams like your Bentley. He kicks so hard in his sleep that he has kicked himself off my bed…twice! He whines, barks, and growls occasionally too. His biggest thing is running and kicking though. It’s pretty funny. I’ll have to video it sometime.

#30775 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I dunno, Patty. He’s had such good impulse control that he’d be a terrible hunting dog. The Maltese is too strong in him LOL And every dog he meets is either jumping all over their face trying get all their love, or he’s chasing them down to hump them (what can I say, he’s naughty! It’s the only thing he *can’t* control -_-). He seems agitated when he dreams, gets all tense and what not. I wonder if he dreams about something he experienced before we got him. We got him from a lady going through a divorce, so him, his parents, his litter mates (he was the last to go) and their larger dog friend were living in a large two story house alone, with someone coming by in the morning and at night to let them out and feed them. Anything could have happened, you know?

Ha! I would love to see such a large dog sleep like that LOL My 130 pound rott mix isn’t allowed on the bed because he gets up there and just sprawls out. He’ll push you off if he has to! Brat… He also has a habit of sleeping in the middle of walk ways. It’s a good thing he doesn’t dream like Bentley does!

#30777 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Maybe he is wrestling with a littermate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Dog dreams’ is closed to new replies.