🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jella

HELP,
    Is there a filter for dog food ingredients on here? Is there a section for only limited ingredient dog food types and their company that makes them rated with the star formula.

#105238 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Hi Sheryl,
    No, there is not a filter here, as far as I know. If you click “library” above in the red line, type limited ingredient foods in the search and a list of LID foods comes up. You may have to look at the review to see the rating. It does not list the company that makes the foods.

#105243 Report Abuse
    jella

Didn’t know u could do that. Thank you Inked Marie. I wish they listed the companies that made the foods also.

#105247 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Sheryl, there are many articles in the library; read sometime when you have a spare moment.

Dr Mike & his staff are very busy; keeping DFA as up to date as possible takes a great deal of time. If you have questions regarding wh makes what, just ask!

#105251 Report Abuse
    jella

Hello Inked Marie,
    I did go and type in Limited Ingredient Diets and it brought up the whole list. I went through each one but I might have missed something but it looks like Koha Limited Ingredient Diets might work but it had mussels, and I don’t think his allergy company tested for mussels. So not sure about that one. It looks like GO Sensitive + Shine the fish might work but I didn’t want to feed him fish everyday. Pugsmomsandy just recommended Taste of the Wild all formulas. I seen some formulas listed sweet potatoes as a main ingredient. But when I went to read the formulas they list sweet potatoes, then later on they will mention “potatoes” so does this mean they also put in “regular white potatoes” and call them “potatoes”? One of his 8 allergens is white potatoes. He is allergic to Barley, Rice, Corn, White Potato, Duck, Flax, Milk, and Pork. Almost all of those dog food formulas with each company listed under the Library tab when I searched had at least one of the ingredients he is allergic to. I did the Limited Ingredient Foods search under library.
    Dr. Mike and his staff, helpers, all members are doing a fine job of helping on here.

#105252 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m not positive but I believe white & sweet are two different potatoes, in dog foods.

With his allergies, you need grainfree. If you got him tested (was it blood or saliva), if you have to, use a food with one of the ingredients that are on the low end. I have a dog with suspected food sensitivities and/or allergies but raw solved the problem for us.

#105254 Report Abuse
    jella

Our vet sent his blood off to the pet allergy testing labs. He is a large lab and weighs about 118 lbs. and loves to eat a lot. LOL. He still acts like a puppy but he is 7 years old. We never trained him but after we brought him home as a puppy he started carrying his stuffed animals in his mouth all day. He even brings us his bowl when he wants food. LOL. I asked my husband if he wanted to make his dog food and he said he preferred to buy it. We use a little of the canned version of dog food also. We can’t use any of the ingredients listed above because they were on the highest end of allergic. I think it was a number 4 or 5 for allergic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.