šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    grover

Anybody have any comments on this supplement? My Golden Retriever mix, 70lbs, 2 1/2 yrs plus has struggled with paw licking and ear infections. Its the dead of winter now, nothing is pollinating, I have a large capacity Hepa Filter running non stop inside, no carpeting, and I have fed him Taste of the Wild from the start and now Earthborn (Grain Free). Looking at the DinoVite web page I see grains as the usual culprits for allergic reactions followed by nutritional deficiencies which the DinoVite product claims to address.

#14871 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Well….no, I have no problem with it. In fact, I’ve used it before. I must say that I didn’t see a change in my dogs either way (better or worse condition using it), but my dogs didn’t have any issues to address to begin with so maybe that was it. I was using it to assure they were getting enough nutrition at the time. I’ve done lots of different things over the years lol. I think it’s similar to missing link but I do think it might have some enzymes or probiotics in it, where as missing link doesn’t (one formula now does, I found out…Wellness formula). The company is not that far from where I live. It’s located in Kentucky, right over the river from me, so I could actually pick up the product if I wanted. The owners really seem to know their stuff. I’ve met the woman (half of the married owners) and she’s really nice. Their customer service, in my experience, has been great. They advocate a more species appropriate diet, as well, and give you a “recipe” for making one with ground beef and adding their product on their site. They have various products for sell, not just Dinovite. They have omegas, natural flea products, natural shampoos, treats, and products for cats. Bottom line, I don’t think it’d hurt to try their stuff. Btw, they do recommend trying it for 90 days at minimum to see the difference. And I will admit that I probably didn’t use it that long before I stopped. Some people think it’s rather expensive, as well, but I think it’s on par with lots of other things like it. I hope this helps some.

#14872 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I have used it as part of my dogs diet when he started showing multiple symptoms such as yeasty ears, nonstop scratching, mucousy stools, etc. I made their yeast starvation diet with a few tweaks and fed my dog that in the morning and Brothers Complete Allergy Formula in the evening. I was very pleased with my dogs progress. It took about 2 1/2 months for him to be completely better, but you wouldn’t know he had a problem now. I have never used DinOvite as a supplement to regular kibble.

#14875 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Patty….if I ever wanted to feed a homemade raw diet, I would try their “recipe”. It looks easy enough and I would add their supplement to it.

I also forgot to say that they are mail order only, unless you live close enough to pick it up.

#14876 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hi Jan

It was the first homemade recipe I tried and the reason I went ahead and started feeding raw. It was easy enough to follow and really easy to tweak as I learned more. I rotate everything including supplements, so I still use DinOvite every few days. I’ve also been buying grinds from Hare Today that work really well with whichever supplement mix I want to add. DinOvite plus SuperOmega plus a grind is super simple.

#14955 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I don’t even know what Dinovite is but with your dogs issues, I’d feed a chicken’ beef’ grain and potato free food

#15782 Report Abuse
    cdrlin
    Participant

I give dinovite to my 8 yr old miniature dachshund. It cleared up his skin issues. His ears are no longer red, his hair has grown back, he no longer chews his paws, and he has quit scooting. In addition he smells better. I feed him EVO small red bites and he only gets dehydrated liver for treats. I am a believer in dinovite with lick a chops

#16093 Report Abuse
    Tulip

I actually use Dinovite and have been using it for years. I have used it with dog food and have made dog food for my dog, both. It worked really well for my 2 oldest dogs who passed away a few years ago (at ages 15 and 16) to keep them healthy up until the very end. And it keeps my 3 current dogs in top notch health. I have called and talked with the coaches and reps there too and they are really very helpful.

I really look at the list of ingredient to make a judgment about food and pet products. This one has a great list of whole food ingredients.

#17567 Report Abuse
    gigiandcole
    Participant

One of my dogs has a reaction to grains. I did not realize Dinovite contains grains. She got really sick within 3 weeks of consuming the supplement. It took me awhile to figure out what was causing it. If you are feeding your dogs “grain free” foods, do not use Dinovite.

#17568 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If you mean flax seed, it’s a seed not a grain. I can’t feed one of my dogs grains, but he can handle the flax just fine, though I wouldn’t give this all the time. I have other issues with too much flax in the diet. All dogs are different, some will handle it fine, others won’tbe able to handle it at all. It is very important to be aware of all the ingredients your dog gets. Knowing your dog doesn’t tolerate DinOvite may help you to avoid other “grain free” foods that he also wouldn’t be able to handle.

#17569 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

DinoVite contains sorghum which is a grain.

#17570 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yep, and they even list it as ground grain sorghum, which just goes to prove I can’t see what is right in front of my face sometimes. And that maybe my pup doesn’t have a problem with sorghum.

#17572 Report Abuse
    grover

A feedback to my post. Several weeks into using Dinovite I see paw licking has ceased and ear infections have been on hold too. I’ll be convinced though if this continues though the summer. Grains or no grains the product claims to improve nutritional support. I have had my dogs on grain free dog foods but I know they get grains from good natured people handing out treats.

#18180 Report Abuse
    GSDsForever
    Participant

Sorry to be the party pooper & naysayer, BUT . . .

I just do NOT think this product is worth spending the money on. I think the ingredients are very generic & see nothing special about it to make it some wonder product or justify its prices. It’s apparently all over the radio & TV right now, and I’ve had several people ask me about it.

I think there are much better supplements out there (and cleaner/purer) at lower cost. There are some ingredients that even strike me as wholly unnecessary and not beneficial in any way. And I think other ingredients in its various versions should and can easily come from a good food.

If it works for you, great, good luck. But I think it’s a waste of money and not a very well designed product with highest quality of ingredients.

This product seems about as magical as all those PetSmart/Petco supplement aisle products that claim to get rid of shedding, and then contain very basic cheap cooking oils and bargain basement vitamin mix.

#18191 Report Abuse
    grover

Update: so far no paw licking and no ear infection. Both were chronic ongoing symptoms before. Was it the Dinovite or did he simply outgrow his problems? Don’t know. I got him at 6 weeks and he has always been on grain free dog food, first Taste of the Wild and currently Earthborn. Both have decent ingredients for a dry processed food and both rank highly on this site. Something wasn’t enough however. I like the results so far so I’ll keep using the Dinovite. Its an ongoing rubber meets the road experiment. If we go a year with no ear infections I’ll be a believer.

#18465 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I found Dog FOod Advisor quite a long time ago-actually from a person who works at Dinovite. I really enjoy this site. I must make some comments here, although I have never commented on a blog. Dinovite saved my dog’s life. My dog came to me as a rescue that was going to be put down due to so many unexplained health problems. This dog had been through it all from steroids, skin scrapings, antibiotics, medicated sprays and creams, special dips, shampoos. You name it, they tried it on her. Poor Lola.

I took her to actually make her last days in a place where she would feel loved. But it was hard because she stunk and had such balding, awful skin. No one wanted to touch her.

I got her on a good 5 star kibble (yes, I used this site to find a good food for her). And I added Dinovite to her diet. Lola really liked it and I thought if it made her happy, it was the least I could do. I thought she was dying. I also looked at the ingredients and realized that I also take a number of the things that are in this and I know how it keeps my energy level up and keeps me healthy.

Well, that was 2 years ago. Lola did not die. In fact, she’s a happy girl with NO health issues at all. She is 6 or 7 years old (a good guess) and I’m sure she has at least that much more life to live. It was a long road but little by little, I saw her energy return, then her hair start to regrow. HEr awful gray, bumpy skin got nice and pink. And one day I realized she did not stink anymore. Instead of making her last days bearable, she has made my life wonderful. It’s been about a year since she has had any problems at all. She doesn’t even shed, only during shedding season.

So, unless you have actually tried it, I don’t think you have much to say. The people at Dinovite have been wonderful to work with every step of the way. They made suggestions. Pointed me at this site. Helped make good decisions for Lola’s diet. Encouraged me when I wnated to give up. Their products are made in the USA. And it’s hard to find a business that is this helpful these days.

And if you don’t like how it’s working for your dog they have a good return policy too.

So that’s my two cents for what it’s worth. I just thought someone who uses their products regularly should speak up. I use Dinovite and Lickochops. I also use the peppermint shampoo and Lola absolutely loves the free treats that come in the box.

#18470 Report Abuse
    grover

I think the Raw Food Advocates would point out that regardless of the quality of the ingredients, even in the 4-5 star levels for dry dog foods, that much is lost to the heating process. What bodes well for these higher levels is the lack of substandard or bad elements. Maybe this is the void that products like Dinovite fills in. Their product is freeze dried and has not been subjected to the heating process(?). Grover’s Mom quit feeding at about 6 weeks. Maybe if he was supported by his mother’s milk another few weeks he wouldn’t be so sensitive to his diet or environment and I wouldn’t be looking for additions to his nutrition now. He has always been on so called quality processed dog food but something wasn’t enough. To date he has been doing Dinovite for about 10 weeks and no paw licking, no ear infections. I am pretty happy about this direction. One vet had suggested I put him on a maintenance Benadryl type product. A ridiculous solution to a dog barely 2 yrs old.

#18471 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Many, many puppies are completely weaned by the time they are 5 to 6 weeks old, so I don’t think that is the reason, but my dog has the same issues, and I agree with you, I don’t want to start medicating for life with a young dog, especially when watching their diet takes care of the problem.

#19548 Report Abuse
    winifred
    Participant

My comment on DinoVite: do not purchase this supplement without speaking with your vet first. My dog has had skin problems for the past few years, and my vet treats her with prednisone and other allergy medications. I feed her very high quality food. My husband heard Dinovite advertised on the radio and we decided to try it. After 2 days of giving her the supplement according to the instructions on the box, she had a horrible allergic reaction. Her eyes swelled up and she developed hives all over her body. She vomited repeatedly. We had to treat her with Benadryl and Prednisone to control the inflammation. The company is refunding my money, but none of my shipping charges. Not only do I have to pay to ship the product back to them for my refund, but they won’t credit my original shipping charges. The representative on the phone expressed no concern about my situation. I would never purchase from this company again.

#19723 Report Abuse
    Heineken66
    Participant

Whatever you do, do not ordre Dinovite. The product made my dog urinate blood within a few days of beginning the diet.
    The shipping costs are outrageous and the company representatives only care about making the green, they couldn’t careless about their customers and their customers pets.
    Talk to your vet about this product before you even consider it and I bet you will change your mind.
    If you know anyone else who had a horrible experience with Dinovite please encourage them to voice their experience to prevent future harm to more animals.

#24442 Report Abuse
    terriers4life
    Participant

OK. I’ve lurked on this forum for quite a while. I now feel the need to speak up. Dinovite for dogs, which is a product I have used for many, many years for many, many dogs is a high quality whole food supplement. Read the ingredients folks. Good source of vitamins, omega fatty acids, probiotics, enzymes. There’s nothing in it that will cause a dog to have blood in their urine or to get sick, unless there’s something the dog is allergic to. And how the heck would you (or they-Dinovite) know this? It’s sort of like saying “Don’t feed organic, natural peanut butter to your kid, because mine had an allergic reaction to it.”

Seriously, “check with your vet”? Yeah, the one who advises you to buy his dog food (which is garbage, even according to this website) and who would rather you give your dog steroids for life? Give me a break. When was the last time your vet gave you advice about feeding your dog…that was good for him? Vets are not trained in nutrition…well, barely. How long does your dog have to be on steroids for you to realize they are destroying his internal organs? And if steroids or allergy shots were the answer, then WHY DOES THE DOG STILL ITCH or HAVE BALD PATCHES???

Find a 5 star rated food (a Dinovite rep actually pointed me to this site to help me choose a better dog food) and add Dinovite. Get your dog off the darn steroids.

Even the absolute best commercial dog food is heat processed. So enzymes, probiotics and so many vitamins are destroyed. So your dog is walking around with these deficiencies. And you can’t fix that with steroids, creams, sprays, ear cleaners, antibiotics. Use common sense people.

I was a huge skeptic. But in 2009, I had 4 dogs who had some pretty messed up skin and ears. I was feeding a good food (rated 5 stars here) and still so much $$$$ at the vet (and listen folks, not once did a vet offer any money back for crap that didn’t work. In fact, I just kept coming back and spending more. Try this…no, try this…maybe try this…and spending so much money.) So I got enough Dinovite for my worst case. And I used it for a few months. It took about 3 or 4 months but slowly, I began to see a difference. It was really apparent as my other dogs were still just awful.

After a few months, I took my dog in the car, and no stinky smell…no shedding. No bald patches. No butt scooting.

The rest of my dogs have been on this now since then too. I left the country for 4 weeks and had a friend stay at my house. She never added it to my dog’s food. I came home to one of my dogs kinda stinky and the shedding was back. Never again. My dogs won’t go without. Ever. Period.

I have even used this on every foster dog I have had come through my house. And they have all benefitted from it. I send some with each dog when they leave here. I’ve seen some pretty bad skin problems and yeast problems get under control using Dinovite (and I use the fish oil or the other omega supplement too).

And, I actually tried one of their newer products (a different vitamin in a tube). It was supposed to be the same as the one in the box but in a thick like paste. My dogs didn’t really like it much so I went back to the powder. And I sent back a bunch of the tubes. Two were actually empty and 4 were unopened. I got my money back no problem. With a smile.

#25510 Report Abuse
    kimberley
    Participant

My husband bought Dinovite for our Jack Russell, for her itchiness. After a month of feeding her the dinovite, there was no change, she was still itchy. (She has never lost hair, chewed or licked hair off, just had a bad case of “scratch my butt”). I have since switched to plain old fish oil, I open a capsule, pour it on her food (Blue Buffalo) and so far, no issues (3months+). And as far as ingredients, you should look pretty closely to some of them, some are big animal livestock supplements, one of them is commonly used as a cat litter filler and there is at least one of them that can be toxic if used long term. Yes, I looked up the ingredients, and while most are good things for our pets, some are certainly questionable.

#25512 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Kimberly….would you please list the “bad” ingredients in Dinovite? Please tell us which ones are toxic and used in cat litter filler? Thanks.

#25571 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Not to say that the cat litter ingredient isn’t bad, IDK, but just because something is used in something else doesn’t make it bad.

Dihydrogen monoxide is a very strong solvent. It is in 100% of all poisons. Inhaled, it can kill you within 4 minutes. In its gaseous state, it can cause serious burns. It’s a necessary component of acid rain. !00% of those who drink it die. Its other names are H2O and water.

#25594 Report Abuse
    kimberley
    Participant

Mom2Cavs – I checked about a half a dozen of the ingredients…. if I don’t recognize them or can’t say them, I want to at least know what they are. However my list of them is at home, so I’ll get the 3 that were certainly questionable and post the names tomorrow. The one that is also used as a cat litter filler is a common binder, but the vitamins being a powder, why use a binder, and one commonly used for cat litter? No other options??? I only commented on this because the Dinovite site has no bad or even questioning reviews, only the good ones that they post, and sadly nothing out there is perfect. As you stated, this works for your pets, and that’s great for you and your pets, it just didn’t work as well for my dog.
    Have a great day! šŸ™‚

#26026 Report Abuse
    kimberley
    Participant

Mom2Cavs – Okay, the Diatomaceous earth is commonly used in cat litter, as it’s a binding agent. Dinovite also has Montmorillonite Clay (another binding agent) that can be toxic because of dioxins…. the FDA recommends it being tested before use in any animal feed, however it’s not regulated. Main issue with this is that things like oil seeds and grains can absorb this material, then the dioxin is ingested, so care is recommended when feeding something with this supplement in it. It’s frequently used in livestock feed with supplements (with no or little issues noted). The aspergillus products are a type of fungus, commonly used in Asia as sexual supplements (????), as well as for digestion in animals. Hope this answers your question. šŸ™‚

#26031 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Diatomaceous earth is also a human grade supplement and is used by many people. Montmorillonite clay is used in many highly rated dog foods to help improve stool quality, especially during transition. And as you said aspergillus aids in digestion. I’m not yet convinced I need to worry, yet.

#26033 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

First of all, Kimberley, I feel your response was kind of “snarky” toward me. I really don’t know why….all I wanted was for you to tell me what you felt the bad ingredients were. If you read my post earlier in this thread you will see that I did try the product but had no results either way. It’s not a bad product, imho, and I agree with what Pattyvaughn had to say. All that said, I don’t currently use Dinovite but was just wondering what you thought was so bad about the product….when I did use it, it did no harm to my animals at all.

#27835 Report Abuse
    chocolabowner
    Participant

Hello Grover,

I have used DINOVITE to boost my labs/spaniel mix’s immune system and it work great.

Our Coco had severe ear infections for four years before she came to us. I mean they were elephant skin in the entire ear.

so what we did was two things. we found dinovite and i can tell you what we used their 90day supply and the fish oils. coco’s immune system came up and her coat looked great.

but we noticed that the ear infections were greatly reduced they were still there. Then we found a product called Zymox (got it on amazon). the zymox we used had 1% hydrocortozone in it. we did a 14 day treatment and then used the zymox maintenance cleaner.

The vet jumped for joy, after a year of antibiotics and ointments that did not work her ears were clear!!!! I highly recommend both products.

her immune system counts went from 2.8 to 7.5 ( i want to say that it was the white blood cell count, but i dont remember now. the numbers i do because it was such an improvement)

YES! dinovite works! so does zymox.

with zymox there will be dead skin shedding in the ear, have a groomer trim all the hair out the ears and then you can wipe away the dead as it peals.

#27883 Report Abuse
    Heartsong7
    Participant

We started using Dinovite for our 14 yr old Chihuahua who was scratching excessively and developed bald patches on his skin. He also had moderate arthritis. After using the supplements, his symptoms got worse. I noticed his stool was very runny the first two weeks of use. I contacted a rep at the company and was told to try cutting back on the fish oil. I did. It helped his stool a little, however, his overall health progressively got worse. He has developed red bumps on the inside of his hind legs, and he recently started as his front paw is in pain. The bald spots still remain with no change. Took him to the vet last week and he said he has a staff infection, his arthritis has worsen, and he has warts. Lately, he’s not wanting to eat his food. Our little man has always had a very healthy appetite with a fair amount of energy. We have given these supplements a chance to work and it seems that our dogs overall health since using this product has decreased. Something is not adding up here. I think we should take him off the supplements for about a week or so and see if there is any positive change. Our little guy needs help.

#27891 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

He is allergic/intolerant to at least one of the ingredients in DinOvite. Please don’t give it to him anymore. Keep the ingredient list and if you ever start seeing symptoms like this again, start comparing ingredients and maybe you will be able to figure out what you should keep him away from. Since he was already very itchy, you might want to compare DinOvite to your current dog food and see if you might have been doubling up on something that he is reacting to. Then consider changing foods to something that has completely different protein and carb sources.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by theBCnut.
    #29533 Report Abuse
    Sad Puppy

We started giving Dinovite to an older female cocker spaniel and within a week she was dead. The vets cannot say for sure what the cause of her death was and she may very well have had a pre existing condition, but I thought I should put this out there. We followed the recipe on the Dinovite website for the cooked food and one possibility that was mentioned by one of the vets was that the hamburger in the recipe may have been too high in fat, causing pancreatitis. Since the dog died so quickly and suddenly, no extensive tests were run to find the actual cause and we will never know if it was a coincidence or if something in her food caused a horrible reaction.

#29542 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It very well could have been that. Hamburger with 30% fat is very high fat for some dogs. I’m so sorry for your loss.

#29547 Report Abuse
    Sad Puppy

Thank you Patty. Actually I misspoke that it was hamburger, it was 85/15 ground beef. But that is still high in fat, isn’t it? Her final meal consisted of about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the food, half of which by volume would have been the beef.

Thanks for your sympathies, this has been a nightmare.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Sad Puppy.
    #29556 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It would be high for a dog prone to pancreatitis, but for my dogs it would be low, so that is a level that is kind of subjective. For normal dogs, you usually want fat% to be 1/2 of protein%, so for a dog that can handle it, even 30% isn’t that high, but there are a lot of small breeds that can’t handle that much fat.

Please take care of yourself.

#29573 Report Abuse
    Sad Puppy

Too bad there is no warning on their website that the fat in their recipe could be fatal to some dogs. Seems like a pretty big oversight. Anyway, thanks for all the info, Patty!

#29582 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Then every dog food everywhere would have to have that warning, because it really is an issue with individual dogs, not the food. Mine do fine on it at 30% fat. They have no way of knowing that a dog is going to be prone to pancreatitis, if that even is what the problem was.

#29585 Report Abuse
    Sad Puppy

So if every dog food contains that much fat or similar, I guess my takeaway from all this is that I should research a dog’s breed to see if that breed is prone to pancreatitis, and then feed them accordingly. We will never know really what the problem was with my dog, but this is a lesson learned for me. Thanks!

#29593 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It’s a very sad way to have to learn something, and I guess I believe it should be up to breeders to make sure that prospective puppy parents know about the possible health problems of their breed, but a lot of them don’t. They just want to make the sale.

There are plenty of dog foods that contain more normal or average amounts of fats, but when you start feeding for low carb protein and fat go up, unless you are very careful to get very lean meats. But as you said, you don’t really know if that was the problem, so it may be that no matter what you had done the results would be the same. It’s just so hard to know. You can’t second guess yourself.

#30088 Report Abuse

Hello a little late I know.
    Both foods you feed are good grain free foods however what formulas were you feeding?
    Paw licking can be a sign of an allergy however it can be an OCD trait as well where was the licking? And chewing on the nails? Etc
    Also most dogs with floppy ears will be probe to infection especially dogs that like water. There is a couple of great products out there to keep the ears clean and dry
    Sounds like a lucky pup to have such a caring parent

#32211 Report Abuse
    dorkodummy

Do not buy…has been causing severe diarrhea and vomiting. Dogs are listless. The only thing it could be is the DinoVite…started just days after giving it. Have been reading the reviews that my husband should have read before ordering the stuff….BUYER BEWARE’

#33100 Report Abuse
    doxiesx3

I have very mixed feelings about DinoVite. First off, let me say that all 3 of my dogs responded very well to the DinoVite with no side effects at all. No diarrhea and no vomiting. On one hand it completely cleared my WH Dachshund’s “yeasty” ears. He suffered terribly with this condition and we tried everything…you name it. After about 30 days on the DinoVite, I noticed a huge difference and after about 60 days, his ears were completely clear. He ( and my other 2 dogs) have been on the DinoVite for about 9 months now. So, that’s wonderful, but on the other hand, he…along with my smooth coat Dachshund have recently developed flaky bumps on their backs. Weird. I believe it is similar to seborrheic dermatitis. The scabby bumps that flake off when you scratch them. I have never tried a homemade diet for my dogs. The get their DinoVite on their kibble (Blue Buffalo-Wilderness-Weight Management). So, this raises a question… do I take them off of the DinoVite at the risk of Sam getting his “yeasty ears” back? I have been looking into the Total-Zymes and was wondering what is the difference between that and the DinoVite? To me, it seems that both products are doing almost the same thing for dog. Am I wrong?

#33101 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yeasty ears are a common sign of an adverse food reaction, so if all you did was add DinOvite to the same kibble that your dog was reacting to, then you have covered the problem, but not removed the problem, if this is indeed a reaction to an ingredient in the food. Now it’s showing up in a different way. You may need to try their Yeast Starvation Diet or you may need to switch to a kibble that has different protein and starch sources that the kibble you are currently using.

#33103 Report Abuse
    gman

Ordered the special two boxes from the manufacturer and used it sparingly on two small Cavaliers. Just opened the second box and low and behold worm casings flew out when I picked up the scoop. Sealed it back up and called the manufacturer and was told it was over 90 days so no warranty. Told them I fed smaller amount and that was the reason for the time frame. Was told I should have frozen the second box, I told the customer service rep that wasn’t on the box as an instruction ,and she said to freeze it now that would kill the worms and we could use it! Just what a dog owner wants to do feed their dogs a supplement with frozen worms. When asked if that was all they would do she said yes sorry, we can’t help you. Won’t be a customer any longer, so watch out for the worms.

#33257 Report Abuse
    grover

I started this thread wondering about other’s experiences with Dino Vite. My dog had routine ear infections at the time. I did tried Dino Vite for several weeks. Never finished the initial container though. Got off the path I guess. No bad reactions to report. I am guessing Grover outgrew his issues. He is just past 3 1/2 yrs now. No ear infections since my initial posting nor pad licking. So, can’t say the supplement helped him any but it certainly didn’t hurt either. Just keeping the course with his grain free diet. Was Taste of the Wild and now it is Earthborn. Mike

#33740 Report Abuse
    gmcbogger38

Years ago we had a Jack Russell who had terrible skin problems. We tried Dinovite and it completely cleared up her issues. Now, I have a Saint Bernard who has been having chronic ear problems and she has a odor that won’t completely go away when bathing her. Now she hasn’t had a bath in a couple months and she smells even worse. I have tried expensive high quality grain free and potato free dry foods and even raw (homemade with no grains, etc) and nothing has worked for her. I am finishing up a grain inclusive food right now and so far I have noticed improvements in her from being on grain free (seems opposite of what should happen). I will be putting my dogs on Victor dog food, since I have read some good reviews about it. I will give the food about a couple months and if I haven’t noticed her ears and eyes clearing up I have thought about trying Dinovite again. Now, my hesitation with it is the cost so I am wondering if anybody else has a suggestion of a supplement similar to Dinovite that might be cheaper please let me know. Thanks.

#33745 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Missing Link is the one that comes to my mind. Way cheaper and can be bought in many places.

#34463 Report Abuse
    tecknik

Point blank- Dinovite does not work. My dog eats a raw diet, very expensive and avoids wheat and grains. About a year ago, she started scratching all the time. Benadryl is what my vet recommended but that is a band-aid to the situation. So, we decided to try this product. I went through almost the entire box and no help whatsoever with the scratching. They offer a money back guarantee. I paid $10 to ship it back. They refunded me the $ but deducted their original shipping costs to me so overall this useless product cost me $16.

#35776 Report Abuse
    Diana R

Wondering if anyone has had this problem from using Dinovite? My dog has the usual scratching, ear infections and paw licking problems. Got the Dinovite and she seemed to enjoy it on her food and her problems started clearing up right away. But now about 1 1/2 months into it, she has put on so much weight, she is bloated up. She also seems to be having congestion problems causing breathing problems through her nose. She also has become listless, has no energy, just wants to sleep. When I try to take her for a walk, she tires out very quickly and seems to have trouble breathing that seems to be from her lungs. I quit giving her the Dinovite about a week ago and am seeing some improvement with these new problems.

#35781 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Get her to the vet ASAP!!! That sounds just like congestive heart failure.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.