šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nan S

My 6 yr old Pembroke was recently diagnosed with classic lymphanjiectasia. He is doing well with his lowfat diet of I/D lowfat. are there any other commercial dogs foods that are available and wondering if a homemade diet would meet his nutrional needs. Thanks!

#47906 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Nan, click on the reviews up the top & in the “search this website top left corner” put in “Low fat diets” & try & find a kibble that is as close or the same fat% & protein% as his I/D, Im trying the Wellness Simple Duck & Oatmeal kibble the fat% is min-11% max-11.98%fat, My boy was put on the Vet Diet Eukanuba Intestinal at 10%- fat…The ingredients are much better with the Wellness Simple then his vet diet.. I also do Tuna in spring water drained mixed with boiled pumkin for breakfast but I do his kibble for lunch & dinner, that way he’s getting his balanced diet with the kibble still…Good-Luck…he’s a link to the Wellness Simple range..
    http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/categories.aspx?pet=dog&cat=3

#47907 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi Nan,

Your pup definitely could do well on a homemade diet that’s low in fat and high in high quality protein. It’s critical though to make sure a homemade diet is properly balanced.

Here is a great website with lots of information that could get you started: http://dogaware.com/articles/wdjlowfatdietsamples.html

Here are some suggested low fat foods: /best-dog-foods/suggested-low-fat-dog-food/

If they’re low enough in fat for your boy, some I think are excellent are Orijen Senior, Go! Fit and Free Senior, Wellness Core Reduced Fat and Nature’s Variety Instinct Healthy Weight.

Good luck!

#48002 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I had a dog with lymphangectasia; good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.