🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gold1

My dog (Yorkie, Female) is 14 y/o, weighs 6.5 pounds and was recently diagnosed with Kidney Disease. We have been feeding her Primal. What would be a good diet for her? Money is not a factor and I can cook, if that is the best option. Any help/recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

#123133 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I would go by whatever prescription food that your veterinarian recommends. Continue to work closely with the veterinarian that is treating her. Prescription food, medication and checkups as indicated.
    Your only other safe option is to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary nutritionist.
    Or https://secure.balanceit.com Reputable sites will work with your veterinarian.
    Beware of homeopathic sites and miracle cures.
    Hydration is important, add water to meals and always have fresh water available 24/7

#123135 Report Abuse
    Joyce B
    Participant

To Gold1: check out the facebook group called Canine kidney disease. It is full of kind, very experienced people with dogs with renal issues. Lots of food ideas. Some people have had good results with prescription diets but many home-cook, some use raw. Good luck with your precious Yorkie!

#128825 Report Abuse
    Robert R

My 14 year old toy poodle has CKD and I’ve been feeding her My Perfect Pet low phosphorus frozen dog food and Rayne CKD low phosphorus canned dog food and her numbers have improved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics