Diet for as dog with Cushing’s Disease

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Diet for as dog with Cushing’s Disease

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glenn G

Hello,

I have a 6-year-old female Bichon Frise who was recently diagnosed with pituitary Cushing’s disease and has been put on medication. I would like to know what type of dog food she should be put on as I read that regular dry kibble will continue to make her drink more water, which is one of her problems. I read that a raw diet would be better and I am open to suggestions on which brand would be good for her as she is eating everything in site now and has gained some weight.

Thanks

#162929 Report Abuse
    jeanne e

My puggle had cushing’s and my vet put her on HILLS Prescription Distdiet. I think it was W/D Dry kibble, plus medications. She passed away in 2017 so I dont remember for sure. Check with your vet. I remember her appetite increased and her tummy bloated.

#162930 Report Abuse
    jeanne e

NY puggle was 15 yrs old.

#162931 Report Abuse
    Lori H

Hi Glenn,

My dog also has Cushing’s among other things and if you are willing to change up your dog’s diet, I highly recommend reaching out to Rick. Buddy was a mess before finding Rick. He had been diagnosed with Cushing’s and diabetes. He had recently undergone surgery to removed bladder stones from him urethra and also the liver failure diagnosis over three years ago and my vet prepared me for the fact that he was going to die. It was a lot and I was so overwhelmed, but I was not willing to accept that he was going to die so I started doing research online. I found Rick and the rest is history. Buddy is still here and a little over 13 years old and healthy and happy. The diet saved and changed his life.

Below is Buddy’s story off of Rick’s website.
    https://www.doglivershunt.com/buddys-story.html

If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Good luck and I hope you find the direction you need to make changes for your dog.

Lori

#162932 Report Abuse
    Lori H
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.