šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by a c.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kim G

I have an 8 year old miniature schnauzer who has gained quite a bit of weight over the last year or so. I’m wanting to switch her over to a “diet” food of some sort, but I’m concerned if that will be okay for my other dog (10 year old yorkie/silky terrior) that is at a healthy weight. They have always eaten the same food and are fed in the same area. I don’t think it will be possible to have them on two different foods knowing how their eating habits are.

Does anyone know if a healthy weight dog eating a diet food would be okay?

Thanks in advance!

#113524 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    I’m feeding Fromm Gold Healthy Weight formula to my two dogs right now. I just give one of them a little more than the other. So far so good!

#113526 Report Abuse
    a c

Kim,

I have two 11 years old miniature schnauzers. While they are not overweight, one did have one episode of pancreatitis last year. I has switched them both to a low fat kibbles. Both miniature schnauzer and yorkie are prone to pancreatitis.

I am using Annemaet grain free lean low fat kibbles as the base at the moment and add warm water, some fresh vegetables, some fresh meat from our meal/can sardines in spring water/freshpet as topper. Annemaet is a 5* food according to DFA.

I am also looking for another kibbles to rotate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.