Did Primal make a mistake on feeding guidelines???

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Did Primal make a mistake on feeding guidelines???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patricia A
    Participant

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Primal Freeze Dried Lamb with Crude Protein at 39% and Fat 38% at 180 calories per oz shows on their site to feed approx 3 2/3 nuggets but lets say the Rabbit formula with Protein 53% and F 28% calories 150 per ounce and shows to feed LESS at 3 1/2 nuggets? Why would they suggest more nuggets if the fat and calories are higher. I think I’m just not understanding . Any help would be appreciated. Want to feed a lower fat recipe to my two.

#116537 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

I forgot to write that I do use their feeding calculator for my dogs’ weight and activity level. I just would like to know when I change proteins that I accordingly give a little less if the formula is higher in fat or can even give a little more if it’s lower in fat and calories.My one 5 pounder gains weight easily.

#116547 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Have you tried contacting Primal?

#116564 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Going to call Primal today and will share . I notice a lot of us on these forums are confused about interpreting all the fat/protein/calorie analysis on labels and how it relates to their dogs needs. Wish the advisor would address this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.