šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lauren c

I would like to connect with other people who have medium size diabetic dogs. I have a 9 yr old , Carolina Dog, approx 40-50lbs ( her wgt fluctuates due do illness) who has been “raw fed” for the past 8 years. She is on 15 units of insulin 2x a day. We presently have her on only a beef diet…of raw meat ( Performance Dog) almost 1 lbs 2x’s a day. We also add a combination of blended chick peas/ pumpkin and cottage cheese to make up approx 3-4 oz of the 16oz per meal and we add green beans or broccoli or mixed veggies too. I added the chick peas because her sugar levels were so up and down and she couldnt gain wgt. We finally have her stabilized for the time being and now I am ready to try to rotate her diet a bit. She has been diagnosed since fall 2013. I rather not feed anything with a high fat content. I have been investigating dry kibble….do any of you use it with your diabetic dog? What brands? And if you feed raw….what do you feed?

Thanks,

Furry

NJ

#47258 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Lauren-
    I do not have any experience with diabetic dogs at all, thank goodness. I’m “bumping” up your post in hopes someone else will chime in. There is an expert on this site that goes by USA dog treats. Good luck!

#47262 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Hi Lauren,

I’m of no help either. Sounds like you’re doing a great job and your raw diet is probably ideal. While we’re waiting for him to see your posts, maybe you’ll find something that would be helpful in his comment history: /forums/users/usa-dog-treats/

He has the same user name on the review side, unfortunately I’m unable to share a link there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.