šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emily A

My dog has Diabetes & Cushings, and the nutritionist recommended Purina Pro Plan DCO. I am not happy w/ this as it’s 1st ing. is corn, beet pulp ,poultry by-products, corn gluten meal, beef tallow.etc.
    Everything I have read says the ist. ing. should be real meat, no non-specific by products, and whole veg. & fruits. What would be a good brand and what have other people used.

#83746 Report Abuse
    Michael C

I have never had a dog with diabetes, and am not a nutritional expert, but I suggest something low in carbs; such as: Solid gold Barking at the Moon, or Evo Turkey and Chicken; or Nature’s Variety Instinct Chicken.

#83748 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Read the ingredients for Zignature Zssentials multi protein formula, on Chewy.com. It also lists what it doesn’t contain. Purina should be banned, my opinion, of course.

#83749 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

Emily-

Pro Plan DCO is specifically formulated by nutritionists for canine patients with diabetes. It is a fine choice. If you do not want to use this food, I would suggest working with a nutritionist to formulate a homecooked diet for a diabetic dog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.