🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

LOL! I’m using 2 freezers right now not just one! And I’m thawing out (to repackage) 40 lbs of skinless chicken necks and 20 lbs of whole chicken legs!

#15885 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

I need something about 2-3 inches big because my dogs are carpet rats. Patty you might be right on the chicken since Raw is so much more different than kibble. Have you tried turkey hearts before? I have a few places in mind that I want to order from and then I might need another freezer too LOL! I need something that cleans my dogs teeth and something they can gnaw on to keep them busy instead of them up my rear all the time.

#15886 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

NectarMom,

Pork baby back ribs are smaller! Only about 4 inches. Since you have small dogs they might not eat them.

#15888 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Patty,
    Boone’s can’t eat chicken in kibble but he got got a tablespoon of Hare Today’s chicken in with the turkey. Hopefully he can eat raw chicken just fine. We’ll find out!

#15889 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Turkey hearts are all meat, very little fat even.

Oh, and you can edit for about five minutes after the original post. The edit option shows up as a button by the post number.

#15891 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Thanks as always for the info Patty. There are so many options out there. I was looking at another website for stuff “Steve’s Raw” and they just had a recall so moving on to the next supplier. I hope Darwin’s never runs into a recall but if they do I will be forced to buy and make my own which will probably end up being the case just with the expense. But right now Darwin’s is working and is so convenient for us.

#15894 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I get raw from 3 companies and the grocery store, but Darwin’s is the only “balanced complete” diet I buy. I really like it.

#15905 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Yeah I am so glad it is working for our dogs. I might have to try another protein next go round , my hubby made the comment that it was not that bad expensive but then I told him that was half raw and half kibble and then when I told him how much to feed the dogs for 5 weeks he bout hit the floor LOL

#15911 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

As I said somewhere else; There are some conversations I just don’t have with my husband.

#15913 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Yep what they don’t know will not hurt them and I watch my dogs eat everything so its not like I would let them run in the corner of the backyard and me not see them eating something. They love freeze dried duck feet but we never tried the raw before but we just may 🙂 shhhhhh we won’t tell Daddy and the girls can have them when he is at work LOL

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.