đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carrie H

Does anyone have a list of budget friendly cruelty free dog foods? No just vegetarian/vegan but ones that don’t test on animals. I found only one list but none of them are budget friendly! Thanks

#45943 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

GREAT topic Carrie!

Could you possibly share a link to the list you found?

#45946 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I just started researching to see what I could find. I’m currently using Farmina for one of my dogs, and they claim to be cruelty free. I think it’s also a budget friendly food, although that term is subjective, and its excellent quality for the price.

#45952 Report Abuse
    Carrie H

Sure Betsy here is the list. Some are just treats and some are not sold in the US. http://www.iamscruelty.com/nottested.asp We use Natural Balance which is about $50 per 30 lb bag. That does not last us long so anything a bit cheaper but still a decent food would be spectacular. However I will not support a company that tests on animals!

#45953 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

When was this list posted? Now that Nat Bal is owned by Del Monte, are they still able to make that claim? On a quick glance through that list, Fromm’s and Solid Gold will both be a bit cheaper than the natural balance bags, of the ones I’ve used on there. Solid Gold has 1/2 their products manufactured by Diamond, so you have to be careful there as well.

#45957 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

While generally not super budget friendly, The Honest Kitchen, is committed to the humane treatment of the animal proteins used in their products.

#46134 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Outside of THK & Farmina, I can’t think of others. I did want to say that if paying $50 for 30 pounds is expensive to you, I doubt you’ll find anything of any quality any cheaper. For *me* a food that’s $50, regular non sale price, makes me wonder how good the food is. We all have different criteria in what we want in a food. If you want cruelty free, just like human food, you’re going to have to pay for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.