Cooked recipes for S.I.B.O Low Carb diet

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Cooked recipes for S.I.B.O Low Carb diet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

Does anyone know any cooked low carb recipes for dogs with Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth….Im too scared to try raw just yet….

#32871 Report Abuse

No. If worried buy a bag of natures variety chicken medallions and start there. Keep adding to each meal until you find the right number. Maya needed 2-3 per meal at first to control the issue. Now 2a day or a few oz homemade does the trick.

#32893 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Can’t get Natures Variety medallions here in Australia also having trouble finding the Tylan powder here too, Amazon has it but in big quanititys, Ive been slowly adding Kangaroo Fillet can food with his Eukanuba Kibble, I slowly want him off the kibble Since being on kibble all these problems started, I think he was a can tin food dog before I rescued him…Less carbs too in can dog foods,

#32900 Report Abuse

The powder only comes in 100grams as far as I know..at least that is th we smallest size I have found. Can you get any premade raw?

#32901 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Yes, I think we have BARF at ur Pet Stock & Pet Barn, I dont know if Barf is good we also have the dehydrated & freeze dry Ziwi Peak & K9 Natural from New Zealand thats suppost to be very good, The Guaranteed Analysis doesnt tell how much carbohydrates in alot of the dog foods.. I thought my boy couldnt have boiled chicken but I was adding it with boil rice, so it must of been the rice he has problems with even to home cook, I dont know where to start every time Ive boiled pumkin, sweet potatos, chicken & rice he has very very soft poos, so I’d just do the rice & chicken then he wakes up early hours of morning with his colitis, his bowel was rumbling…The only thing thats stops everything is the Eukanuba Intestinal but its corn based, corn is a carbohydrate.. I think thats why he’s having the Bacteria overgrowth from being on the Intestinal also about 1 hour after eating his kibble he starts with the licking his mouth & swollowing, it gets worse when he drinks water maybe the kibbles start to blow up in his tummy.. Ive told my vet but she says as long as his poos are good its OK but Im sick of watching him every morning for the last 4 months feeling crap not playing, sometimes he walks around the house whinging. I know something is wrong.. I suppose I’ll have to have the carmera put down his throat but the vet said it could come back all good as they can only go so far & if its his small intestine I dont think they can see the small intestine, the vets said, the only way to find out whats wrong is to cut him open & I dont want to do that to him, poor thing.. so I thought change his diet, he seems hungry all the time like he’s not getting all the nutrition…I thought of changing vets, but I cant see how another vet can hep him..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.