šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samgreen
    Participant

I am new to this forum. My dog is a medium size shepherd x. She was diagnosed with lymphoma (gastrointestinal, biopsy done and none in intestine) She has lost weight and I am trying to give her high protein, high fat and low or no carbs. The thing is she eats Compliments canned dog food, lamb and rice. Kibbles n’ Bits do not stay down. I am waiting for Orijen Regional Red, but in the meantime, I know I can get this canned food plus Orijen Puppy kibble into her and it will stay down.
    My question is I can’t find it listed in the pet food. Does that mean that the Compliments brand is so low that they don’t even talk about it?

#28887 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Some foods you might consider also are Pinnacle Peak Protein, Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Brothers Complete Turkey, ZiwiPeak, Merrick grain free and Wysong Epigen. These are all over 40% protein. Epigen is 60% and Ziwipeak is around 12% carbs.

#28931 Report Abuse
    samgreen
    Participant

pugmomsandy
    I am in Canada, and those kinds of foods are not familiar.
    Hopefullly my husband remembers to pick up the Orijen Regional Red. I have been giving her the canned food “Compliments Lamb and Rice” with Orijen Puppy and she is eating it. I am going to check these foods you have listed and see where I can get them, if I can.
    Thanks for your reply.

#28978 Report Abuse
    Strike12
    Participant

Here in Ontario we can’t get most of the foods Sandy listed. Acana, Go Fit and Free, Hi Tek grain free are also foods that are higher in protein and fat and lower in carbs. You might be able to find Epigen but you’ll really have to search for it. Is the Compliments you’re talking about the Loblaws/IGA/L&M brand?

#29021 Report Abuse
    samgreen
    Participant

Strike12, She is eating Orijen Regional Red, I am quite sure that Compliments is a Sobey’s item (I get it from a small store and they get it from a larger chain store) I am quite sure that Sobey’s falls under Loblaws/IGA/(L&M brand I am unfamiliar with).
    She also ate the Acana Lamb and Okenagan Apple. I want to stay with something from my own country. Not that I am prejudiced, I just want to feed her something that I know is made locally and not from China.

#29025 Report Abuse
    Strike12
    Participant

Orijen and Acana are both Canadian made and so is Go. I honestly don’t know if either company makes canned food as I’ve never looked and their website is not opening for me right now, but I am assuming they do. Compliments probably is not a high quality food.

#29055 Report Abuse
    samgreen
    Participant

Strike 12
    That was what I thought about the Compliments brand. I wonder what a high quality wet dog food brand, high in protein and fat, low in carbs, might be?

#29090 Report Abuse
    Strike12
    Participant

If you go to the review section on this site there is a list of canned foods from 5 stars right on down. Most of them I have never found here, but you do have a few options. My local Pet Valu carries the Blue Buffalo, Merrick, Nature’s Variety and Wellness. Fromm I think I have seen at our local pet store.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.