šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Natasha F

Our rescue bully, Henry is chubby. We feed him 3/4c 2x daily & a handful of green beans of Solid Gold Wolf King right now, but after realizing that Diamond manufactures it, beyond using a different food, I will likely switch brands. We walk him every day, which he grudgingly does, although he can only go about 4-6 blocks before he is too tired to walk (has had to be carried home before!). He weighs 56-60lbs and the vet says he is 5-8 lbs overweight for his build. We throw his ball for him, which he will sometimes do, but he is a lazy bugger. He also has a bad rear foot & leg as a result. The vet thinks that his foot was broken as a puppy & never seen to. We got him when he was about 2 so we don’t know. As a result, he gets sore & tired, & limps fairly fast.
    So, I am looking for a new food that is very good quality but would be good for weight loss. He gets a freeze dried sweet potato chew once a day, 2-3 baby carrots or other veggies for treats…but no biscuits or other treats of that nature. We already feed him less than the recommended amount so I think a different food is a good idea?
    He is prone to yeast infections in his folds, toes & ears which I treat w unfiltered cider vinegar, natural ear wash & daily wipe downs.

#40379 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Natasha-
    Henry sounds adorable! The two kibbles recommended for weight loss most often on this site are Wellness Core weight management and Annament Lean. I have not used either, but maybe some others will chime in with their experience. Good luck!

#40627 Report Abuse
    Natasha F

Thanks so much! I picked up the Wellness & will see how that goes

#40634 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Good luck Natasha!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.