Chopping up Raw Food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Chopping up Raw Food

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patty m

I’m trying to find a solution to a problem of the mess when I am hacking up raw meat for my dogs. I am a long time raw feeder, but recently moved into a new home that has an open counter top. It’s open to the living area. I will chop up large turkey wings or turkey necks with a cleaver to split them up between my two dogs. This hacking at the meat pieces causes a splatter. In my previous home, this would splash up on the back splash where I could clean it off. Now the space I have to place my cutting board is open to the living area. Does anyone have any grand ideas of how to block the splatter? I first searched for cutting board splash guard, thinking that someone may have already invented some sort of useful tool to use in these situations but it only came back with results for kitchen back splash.
    So far, my only idea I had was to duct tape together two flexible kitchen cutting mats together so they are at 90 degree angle and place them upright on the backside of my cutting board to block the splatter, but i would prefer something I could put in the dishwasher.

#115211 Report Abuse
    Zeke S

Hi Patty! Is there some other place in your home that you could do the meal prep? Mine is usually done in the garage, where we keep a second fridge dedicated to raw diet foods.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.