🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I give my yorki blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, cantelope,apples and I bought some fresh cherries and plums. Are they safe? I know grapes and any of the seeds are not.

#46532 Report Abuse
    Dori

Grapes and raisins are no no’s but I gave my three girls all the fruits you give and then some. I also give them raw veggies. They love them all. I use them as treats because I don’t trust any store bought manufactured dog treats. Too many recalls for my liking. You’re Yorki is lucky to have you. I have a Maltese, a Yorkipoo and a Maltipoo.

#46561 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

🙁 My dog won’t touch ANY of that stuff. She makes me so mad sometimes, lol! I eat alot of fruits and raw veggies & I haven’t found any of them that she’ll eat. I was hoping to use those as treats, but she won’t eat them.

#46562 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

My dogs love banana’s.

#46571 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Oh dori what a sweet thing to say. I feel like I’m a vets nightmare because I’m so ticky. You are so lucky to have 3 small ones. I want another yorkie soo bad. I’ve filled out an adoption application thru united yorkie rescue for a 11 month old female who has already been in 5 homes. She has behavior problems.I probably won’t get her because I’m 65 and they like for my age to take the older ones.I’ve thought about buying one but I love to rescue. My Bailey is a rescue. He’s 6 got him when he was 2. Didn’t mean to ramble so but thanks.

#46573 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Awww, weezerweeks I didn’t know you had a Bailey too? My girl is named Bailey too. 🙂 I like yorkies. When I had my doberman, a girl up the street had 2 yorkies that absolutely loved my doberman. They would see us walking and go nuts until we stopped to say hi. Then they would both stand on their back legs and give my Moose kisses. It was so cute to see them together.

P.S. No such thing as rambling on this site. I think we all like to hear about each others experiences and lives of each others animals. 🙂

#46574 Report Abuse
    Dori

HEY Weezerweeks. I too am 65 and I think all rescues, etc. are darn lucky too have us. Some of them are a bit narrow minded thinking 65 years is old. We are more apt and knowledgeable and calm to have rescues than younger folks who have too much in their lives going on on a daily basis to spend the time with dogs that have been shuttled from home to home be they rescues or other wise. I’ve had bot rescues and breeder dogs. Whoever needs me, within limits (I’m allergic to all animals so they have to be somewhat hypoallergenic, not that any such animal really exists) I’m there. Honestly, I’ve never come across a rescue that thought my age was too old for a younger dog. Jeeze! It’s not like years ago where 65 was considered one step removed from the grave. Keep the search up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.