Change of pet food formula?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Change of pet food formula?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carol K
    Participant

Have been feeding Nutra Nuggets to all my dogs for years. All of a sudden one dog has bladder stones so bad she had to have surgery and I got a big bill. Then 2 weeks later another dog got a bad UTI but no stones . Another of my friends feeds same dog food and one of her dogs is having same problems. I’m now having to buy very expensive dog food for the bladder. We don’t know the cause, both dogs are adults and never had any problems before. Vet suspects the food. What changed? Is it the dog food formula? Is the manufacturer supposed to inform the public if/when changed formula? Why are none of my other dogs sick if it’s the food? Thanks, I needed to vent. CK

#187889 Report Abuse
    Rielle P
    Participant

The health issues your dogs are experiencing may be due to changes in Nutra Nuggets dog food formulas. Manufacturers update their formulas periodically, and even small changes in ingredients or processing methods can affect specific dogs differently. It’s important to consult the packaging or manufacturer’s website for information on formula changes. Dogs, like humans, can have different sensitivities and vulnerabilities to various health issues, and factors like age, overall health, and genetic predispositions can also play a role. Working closely with your veterinarian is crucial to address your dogs’ health concerns and find the most appropriate diet and treatment plan.

Additionally, other factors contributing to the health issues, such as environmental factors, stress, or coincidental occurrences, should also be considered. Consulting with a qualified veterinarian and seeking a second opinion can help determine the best course of action for your dogs’ well-being.

#188342 Report Abuse
    Aussie Pet D
    Participant

Before making any changes to your pet’s diet, it’s always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian. They can provide valuable insights based on your pet’s specific needs, such as age, breed, health conditions, and dietary restrictions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.