๐Ÿฑ NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Liz S
    Participant

Usually I shop at Petco but last week went to PetSmart and they had this brand.

Anyone else ever try this brand whether for cats or dogs? Thoughts? If you didn’t have a good experience what ended up being the brand/type you finally went with?

I recently switched my 2 cats to Authority Dry Turkey Sensitive digestive.
    So far I LOVE IT!!! My Simba hasn’t thrown up since the day after we switched to it. Yes, we mixed their old food into this and switched them in 2 days. I am so relieved to finally find a dry food that is easy on his stomach. His little sister Sassy loves it too.

#52853 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, Authority canned cat food is one of the foods I feed my cats regularly. They don’t eat the flaked very well, though, just the pate style. I think it is a great value. I’ve not fed the dry kibble.

#52857 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

The dry is ok, I used it and my cat ate it. If you want dry from PetSmart I recommend Simply Nourish Source-much higher in protein and grain free, all things good for cats. I like the canned too but my cat is terribly picky and won’t eat it

#52867 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The only thing I don’t like about the cat Authority is that all the formulas appear to have fish in them. Fish over a period of time can cause thyroid issues. I used to use the Authority Flaked Turkey, but they just changed the recipe to have have less protein, and more carbs, which I avoid for my cat because he is prone to UTIs. For normal cats, that drink water (mine doesn’t), the little extra carbs they added shouldn’t matter. The Flaked Turkey is the only canned recipe that does not have fish, and I’m fairly sure all the dry ones have fish. Wouldn’t be bad for a rotation, but it’s not something I’d personally use all the time.

I also like the looks of the Simply Nourish dry, and used it some when I didn’t know about my cats UTI problems. They also have fish, but much lower down. Just check the ingredients, and decide for your self. That far doesn’t shouldn’t cause any problems, but if you’re like me, I’d rather not use it on a regular basis. I’ll admit to being a crazy person LOL

Also, here’s a coupon ๐Ÿ™‚ save the link, as it’s good forever ๐Ÿ˜‰ The expiration date changes every day. It’s good for Authority and Simply Nourish dry foods, as well as other brands, and is for cat and dog food.

http://pages.email-petsmart.com/coupons2014?g=6e33a451-2f8c-401b-b420-888b86bf1199&ab=foodcenter_coupon_dog

#52874 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

The Chicken and Turkey Source blend does not have fish, which I use that and the rabbit in rotation-the rabbit does. The Chicken/Fish and Fish/Shrimp of course both do

#52876 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #53021 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Akari-
    Thank you for the awesome link for the Pet Smart $5 off coupon. I’ll have to try to figure out how to save a link! Is it on the Petsmart website?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by crazy4cats.
    #53023 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I don’t think it is any more. They put it up and take it down every so often, but I’ve found the link is always good. I keep a page open on my phone for it, or save it to a word doc or sticky note on my computer (just copy/paste). This is the same link posted in the coupon thread, as well.

#53024 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Yes, thanks Akari! ๐Ÿ™‚ I always save links on a word doc which I did with this one for future use! My cats like the Simply Nourish chic & Turkey kibble.

#53225 Report Abuse
    Liz S
    Participant

Thank you Akari for the coupons!!! And I ALMOST picked up the Simply Nourish kibble last night but hemmed and hawed with my SO and just got another bag of the sensitive turkey authority dry. But you know what I am going back tomorrow!!! Instead of returning the Authority I can mix the Simply Nourish in it until it all runs out…then stick with SN. I really liked the look of it.

I’m also a coupon freak lol ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a SAHM with a 2 yr old, 3 ferrets, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Oh and a manchild but he’s gone most of the day. So lately I’ve been getting more into couponing. Any tips you have I’d love to hear!!! I try to remember to check your coupon post too ๐Ÿ™‚

#53253 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You can feed the Authority until it runs out and then the Simply Nourish. Keep life interesting and switch it up! The cats will appreciate it ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, food lasts forever unopened, so stock up while it’s on sale!

Check out my coupon thread and my cat food thread. That’s were I post my hauls ๐Ÿ˜‰

#53271 Report Abuse
    Liz S
    Participant

Been checkin almost everyday on your coupon thread ! ๐Ÿ™‚

#53429 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I bought a bag of the exact same formula Authority dry for cats kibble awhile ago on a great sale and just started feeding it a week ago or so. So far so good. It’s not as high quality as what I usually like to feed but I will use this bag up then switch. They also get lots of high quality canned food which is important.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.