Canine Caviar

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Canine Caviar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yorkieville

Is Canine Caviar dehydrated raw kibble, a true raw food?

#27876 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Well….I say no. Anything with kibble in its name is not a true raw food. It may be less processed than other kibbles, but it’s still a somewhat processed food. I’m sure HDM or others will comment soon.

#27877 Report Abuse
    Yorkieville

Thank you, Mom2Cavs.

On their web-site, they claim they are a dehydrated raw food. I have a 5 month old Yorkie puppy, and currently feed Nature’s Variety raw, and when we take him to friends or family for a visit, we bring Stella & Chewy’s dehydrated raw patties, and I put warm water on them.

I had wondered if I could do the same with the Canine Caviar.

#27879 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I used to feed Canine Caviar, and liked it a lot for my dogs at the time. I haven’t fed it since they have their new grain free formulas due to it not being available local. I could order it, but just haven’t. Anyway, I just don’t see how, if it’s an extruded kibble, it can be considered a raw product. Stella & Chewy’s is awesome, though. I think you could use the CC if you want, as I believe it is a good product but I just don’t know if I’d consider it a raw product….?

#27886 Report Abuse
    Yorkieville

The Canine Caviar is available to me, but I would have to drive 40 minutes to get it. My puppy loves the Stella & Chewy’s. And it is only a 15 minute drive into town to get it.
    I liked the fact that they have a grain free formula.

He loves the Nature’s Variety raw patties, too, but unless I warm them, lightly, he vomits.
    And his urine smells horrendous! (He uses potty pads, it is too cold in NW IN to take him outside & I have MS, so walking up & down our deck stairs is not feasible for me.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.