šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ella R

Hello Friends, I have 7-month-old German Shephard male Puppy. Just a few weeks ago we adopted him. My Question is Can Dog Eat Vanilla Ice Cream? I am very confused because before that I have not adopted any Dog. 😃

#113159 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

You may not like my answer but here goes. Why on earth would you even want to give your dog ice cream? Thatā€™s not something they need to eat and in many cases they shouldnā€™t. Many dogs, especially German shepherd breeds are lactose intolerant so any dairy products would upset their stomach. The sugar in ice cream is not good for them either. This is not something they need and in many cases shouldnā€™t have as I mentioned.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Gloria K.
    #113160 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

Sorry about the typo. That first line should read why on earth would you want to give your dog ice cream?

#113165 Report Abuse
    a c

Try cottage cheese instead of. He may like it.

#113187 Report Abuse
    Ella R

Hey, Friends, I asked my vet and they told me if you are living in sunny Place. then You can give Vanilla ice cream to Dog. They also suggested me i can also give cold yogurt but all is in limited content. we have not need to feed to much because its dangerous for it.You can give only occasionally.

#113946 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Giving your dog ice cream is not good for him. Yeah, you may give him occasionally but not on daily basis.

#125393 Report Abuse
    Dinamul D

Ice cream isn’t a dog-friendly food, but vanilla ice cream might be the safest flavor to share with your dog. First, keep in mind that some dogs are lactose intolerant and should never have ice cream. Second, most ice cream is loaded with sugar, which dogs absolutely don’t need in their diet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.