šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The first time I ever logged into the forums it was about Butchie my pitbull who seemed to be dying from internal bleeding. Just two days ago there was an article on the mercola, Dr. Becker, website called “The disorder that can make everyday fun turn into a life threatening event, Von Willebrands disease”. I bet that is what he has! I will have to take in for blood tests to confirm but don’t know if I want to put him through any more especially when he doesn’t stop bleeding easily after the blood test. It talks about how there is no cure just maintaining and they can live a full life so I am glad to hear that. The problem with my vet was, I kept saying the dog had been playing wildly with my son who literally was accidentally kicking the dog, but no one would listen! Just wanted to mention this to all who helped me out during that time. Beth

#15810 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot to add how the article talks about Von Willebrands can show up later in the dog’s life, they can have been neutered and had surgeries previously showing no sypmtoms, which happened with Butch at 2 years old we had to rush to emergency clinic with toys part stuck in belly. He survived that surgery and has a long belly scar. Butch is now 7 and one half years old. Very interesting to know this about Von Willebrands, don’t like it but at least it explains all the crazy symptoms he had. Beth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.