Bug off garlic

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Supplements Bug off garlic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I started my yorkie on bug off garlic for the summer by springtime. I’m giving him 1/4tablet a day. Is it safe to give this every day and should I give him more than 1/4 tablet. He weighs 7.3 lbs.

#40376 Report Abuse
    Pandabear422

I’ve been giving this to my 7 dogs for years. I use the granules my beagle is 22 lbs and he gets a 1/4 scoop twice a day. I would think if you did 1/4 tablet twice a day that would be fine. You could always call them as they are very helpful.

#40388 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I believe it says on the jar how much to use for good, better & best. It can take a few weeks for the garlic to permeate the tissue.

#40657 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I went to my vet today and I kinda got the idea he didn’t want me to give my 7.3 lb yorkie bug off garlic. I only give him 1/4 chewable tablet a day. I was only going to do it during summer for fleas because I will not give him comfort is,frontline, etc. He’s afraid he might get anemia. What do u think?

#40658 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I admit to being stupid about this but why would Bug Off Garlic cause anemia?
    That said, are you new to BOG? It can take weeks for it to permeate the tissue. They also recommend year round use; I use it year round and have for years.

#40660 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

That quack vet that I went to a couple months ago or whenever, told me NEVER give your dog garlic, lol! I just said yeah ok, and blew her off. Bailey has since refused to eat her food with garlic in it (little sh*t), so I ordered that Bug Off Garlic and we’ll try that.

#40682 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Garlic in large amounts causes Heinz Body Anemia in a few different animals, dogs included. But they need to eat a really large amount of it for it to be a problem, much, much more than anybody sane would give their dog.

#40691 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

My vet was worried about the garlic because this anemia happens to smaller breeds more.

#40702 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Thanks for explaining, Patty. I only know it’s toxic if they injest ALOT of garlic.

#41193 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

I don’t use flea or tick products and I haven’t ever had a reason to but I do have a Chihuahua that is allergic to insect bites and I was wondered if this product would help her in any way or should I not bother? If she has a reaction I have to inject her with Benedryl but I worry when I am not home and if she has a reaction so I give her 1/2 a benedryl tablet every 12 hrs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.