šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shawn b

We just adopted a 9 month old Rottweiler. The people who owned her had her on Pedigree, then they switched her to Pro Plan. Now I have her. I am on a very strict budget, yet want her to get a really good dry large breed Puppy food. Very hard combination to find! I bought her Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy Dry food for now, while I am searching for something even better. It is $39.99 for 30 lbs. and that is what I can afford. Please help me, I really need every ones input and thank-you so much in advance!

#105274 Report Abuse
    Nadine H

I think Eagle Pack was a good choice. I would have fed it to my danes but it has lamb and I have one who has issues with lamb. I really don’t think you’ll find a better kibble and stay around the price you’re ok with.

#105277 Report Abuse
    shawn b

Thanks Nadine for your response. I may be transitioning over to the eagle pack too fast, because she has diarrhea now. I am thinking I shouldn’t just give up on the new food yet. She is eating 1 cup Pro Plan and 1 1/2 cups eagle pack, twice a day. Her weight is about 70 lbs. and she seems slightly under weight to me. I bought some rice today and thought maybe I should add that to her food for awhile. Please help, and thank-you so much!

#105289 Report Abuse
    Nadine H

I would back off on the amount of Eagle Pack. More Pro Plan . If you feed a total of 2and 1/2 each feeding I would do 2 and 1/4 cup of Pro Plan to 1/4 cup of Eagle pack and see how that goes. If stool doesnt firm up with that small amount of Eagle Pack I would stop that food. To tell you the truth there are some ingredients in Pro Plan that I don’t like but my danes seem to do better on it then anything else I’ve tried.

#105291 Report Abuse
    shawn b

I do think I will try that, and yes her stools are o.k. on the pro plan ,but I really want something better. I will go to the 1/4 cup Eagle Pack, 2 1/4 cups Pro Plan and see how that goes. I found a good priced dry food from Merrick, whole earth farms puppy. I will stay with this though for now, maybe I was just rushing the transition.Thanks so much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.