Brown Spots and Ears

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Brown Spots and Ears

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

Ginger has recently had two brown spots, one on each ear, appear, they are pretty symmetrical, and are about the size of a big freckle. They just appeared, and I was wondering if I should be concerned.

#53264 Report Abuse
    Dori

HI Zach. Most likely it’s nothing but I would make a vet appointment just to make sure. I’m sorry I’ve forgotten how old Ginger is, I know you posted the info on a different thread but couldn’t find it. Anyway, if it were one of my dogs I would take her to the vet just to be stress free. If it is anything you would want to know sooner rather than later.

#53268 Report Abuse
    Zach M

She is turning 4 in about A month. I’ll try send take her to the vet

#53269 Report Abuse
    Dori

Good Zach. I think a vet visit would be in order. As I said, it’s probably nothing but it’s always nice to be told that by the dr and then you don’t have to worry about it anymore. The one thing that concerned me a bit is that they just appeared the way the did.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Dori.
    #53283 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dogs can get spots that are like age spots from shaking their head and causing damage where the skin creases. It’s harmless, if that is what it is, but I would rather be safe than sorry and have it checked.

#53284 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Ginger does have ears that fold in her daily life. She has red spots where they fold, but the brown spots are under that. They look pretty gnarly.

#53286 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Definitely have them checked out!

#56748 Report Abuse
    Dori

Hi Zach. Just wondering if you ever got Ginger’s ears checked out regarding the brown spots. You may have written about it on another thread and I’ve maybe missed it. Anyway, for some reason I just thought of your Ginger and wondered how that went. Hope you both are doing well.

#56749 Report Abuse
    Zach M

That’s so thoughtful Dori! Thanks! I can’t recall what the doctor said, but it turned out to be nothing. Thanks for thinking of us, and we are doing fabulous, especially with Ginger’s birthday this Tuesday.

#56751 Report Abuse
    Dori

Oh, I’m so glad it turned out to be nothing. Always scary when they can’t something and we can’t figure out what it is. How old will Ginger be on Tuesday? Be sure to wish her a happy birthday from me and my girls. : )

I just changed the picture on my avatar. The picture is now of my 15 year old Maltese, Hannah.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Dori.
    #56755 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Great news, Zach!

Happy Birthday, Ginger!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.