šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Deborah R

I have a Chihuahua mix and have been feeding her Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula for about 9 months now but in the last month something has been upsetting her stomach & she is vomiting up the food. Idk if it’s bc we have been unsettled, in our home life or has she just become intolerant to the food? She didn’t have problems with it before. She is 2 years old.

Please advise. Thank you!

#78140 Report Abuse
    Pitlove

It is possible that she has become intolerant to something in the food. My suggestion is switching to another brand that makes limited ingredient diets with a single protein and carb source. Since she has been eating a grain inclusive food try something grain free and without any chicken. I would also add a probiotic to her new food 1) to help tranistion over to it and 2) to help calm her stomach down and add some healthy bacteria to it

Zignature Lamb Limited Ingredient could be a good one if shes never had lamb before:
    http://www.chewy.com/dog/zignature-lamb-limited-ingredient/dp/36736

See if there is any improvement on the new LID food. Tranisition her over slow, maybe even longer than 7-10 days. If after she’s eating the new food and she is still throwing up, I would take her to a vet. Could be something besides the food.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Pitlove.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.