šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cindy q
    Participant

I just switched my puppy (standard poodle) to blue buffalo wilderness because it was given 5 stars by the dog food advisor, now I see it didn’t even make the list in the editors choice. Now do I switch again??

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mike Sagman. Reason: Fix Duplicate Topic Title
    #36968 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I recommend switching after every bag anyways. Switching foods helps to keep the gut healthy by supporting a wider range of different probiotics.

#37002 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

If your food is a 5 star rated food on this site, why would you need to switch….especially if it’s working for your dog. Now that said, I do agree with BCnut that switching or rotating after a certain amount of bags can be a good idea. I personally am not a fan of Blue Buffalo but I know tons of people who swear by it. I just am not comfortable with them for a few reasons. One is that they have so many co-packers for their food (5 or more!?). I’m currently eating a food that has one co-packer for their food….easier for me to keep track of. They also have so many new products, and are adding to them all the time. That alone is not so bad, but again….with all the co-packers they already have it’s a nightmare to keep track of who makes what for them, and that’s important to me. My new Cavalier came to me eating Blue lamb & rice. I will soon switch him over to what my others are eating.

#37460 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

What food are you using? Thanks

#37462 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

When I went back and read my post I got a belly laugh when I read “I’m currently eating….” LOL!!! I meant, of course, I’m currently FEEDING. I’m sorry I didn’t put what I’m feeding. I usually do. I do rotate kibble every now and then. I use Fromm Salmon a la Veg, Annamaet, Dr. Tim’s (though I probably won’t use it as much, Laverne didn’t do as well with it), Victor (what I’m feeding now), and I just bought a bag of Precise Sensicare at a phenomenal price so that will go in there somewhere. I also top with canned food and mostly use Wellness now. I use their 95% and stews. I will put other brands in there occasionally.

#37478 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Thank You! And I didn’t even notice that you said “what you were eating”.

#37480 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Oh, and Wellness has now added some new formulas for small breeds that I may try when all this food I already have is gone. Like I said, I love Wellness canned foods but their kibble shape always seemed to b a problem for Laverne. She would try to eat it and just spit it out. It was the shape and not the flavor. Now they have some Simple small breed and regular small breed flavors that she might approve of lol.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.