🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Who else feeds this food? I just opened this can and it’s got this big black spot. Is this normal, or what? It’s not a different texture, and it doesn’t smell bad. And it’s good for like three more years.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/60F6E582-CD8D-480F-9E39-9B8A36A92758_zpssymv6nxr.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/89F21700-EA0F-410B-A7DB-4891DCADBFC5_zpsnjjtwp1t.jpg

#45289 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I’m not sure what it could be. What flavor is this? I found stuff like this in Merrick cans and I stopped feeding them because I just couldn’t be sure that it wasn’t mold. I would try to contact the company (hard to do with Wal Mart, I guess) and see what they say. Is there contact info. on the can?

#45290 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Maybe that can expired April 11, 1917. Lol! Just kidding! 😛

#45291 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

This is the chicken one. There is a phone number, but I really, really don’t do phone calls… Simmons cans them, right?

#45294 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

So, Simmons website is mysteriously down. Very weird.

#45303 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I have seen a spot like that in a few cat food cans in the past. I didn’t feel comfortable feeding the food so I didn’t. The same was true for me, it smelled fine and it was the same consistency. Never looked into it any further and I haven’t seen anyting like it recently.

#45313 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

What’s brands, do you remember?

#45333 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The Simmons website is back up. Just emailed them. Luckily I have other food for Bentley. He had a nice yummy country rib for dinner lol

For anyone wondering, their email address is pfcomments@simfoods.com

#45334 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Akari:
    Sorry, I don’t remember the brands. How is Bentley and Alec doing?

#45337 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

They’re fine. I’ve actually been feeding this to Bentley, because the spots were small, and didn’t really think anything of it. I mean, I give the big guys Alpo sometimes, and it’s got darker spots in it, but they are like actual meaty globs. I just figured that’s what this was, never taking a close look at it, until I saw this big spot and realized it wasn’t meat ( or at least didn’t look like it). Now the open can is just sitting in the fridge lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.