🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’m trying out Big Dog Natural tonight and used it as a topper. It’s a granola consistency dry but when rehydrated, it’s like cooked ground beef. The photos are the beef product.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/bdndrybeef2_zps877bb1cb.jpg

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/bdnwetbeef1_zpsa0b84618.jpg

http://bigdognatural.com/

#20766 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That looks yummy! How did your crew like it?

#20772 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Gobbled it up with gusto! I don’t think I’ve come across anything they don’t like yet. Most pugs (99%) are food vacuums.

#23757 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

sandy, are you still using this food? How did your dogs do with it? I’m thinking of ordering some to use as a topper or alone for Lucy, my dog with bladder cancer.

#23764 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I still use it – mostly as a topper. I’ll mix it half and half with the low protein sojos’s or with kibble for my 14 yr old. I try to mainly give him wet food. Except when I’m not home, dad gives them all kibble.

#23870 Report Abuse
    ploomay
    Participant

How much water do you use to hydrate?

#23877 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I use 1 cup dry with 1 cup water.

#23897 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

sandy, I just received my BDN order (the beef) and mixed some up to top the dogs’ kibble for dinner. Wow….Lucy was very enthusiastic, as were the Cavs. They licked their bowls clean in a jiffy lol. Now, my question is this….you said you top kibble with it, too. Is this ok to do as it’s “raw” food? On their FB page, the owners said they don’t recommend topping kibble with it as raw digests differently than kibble. Now I’ve heard this said before but I do know that Nature’s Variety says it’s ok to top kibble with their raw medallions. I know it’s a different food, but it’s still raw. So, I’m confused as to what to do. I would like to use it like I do the canned foods and top their kibble….maybe though, I could just feed one meal of the BDN and one of kibble/canned. If it does okay digestion wise, I will continue to buy it because so far the dogs went nuts for it lol. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the help! 🙂

#23898 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Oh…and btw, Dr. Mike hasn’t said anything yet but where did the BDN review thread go?!?

#23902 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You’re right, that review is gone. Weird

#23906 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yes, he posted something in response to Storm’s Mom about it. There was some question about a possible inaccuracy on their label so he pulled the review until it is cleared up, I think that’s how he stated it. Go to recent comments and find whatever that heading is for commentators and click on Dr Mike to find it.

#23912 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Jan,

My dogs don’t have any problems with any kind of mixed foods! But I was feeding it to my 14 yr old foster and he had no problems with it mixed either. He’s exposed to all different foods too, like mine are since he is a foster forever. I would think that mixing in the tripe product will only help with digestion as well mixed with something else.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by pugmomsandy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Big Dog Natural’ is closed to new replies.