šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nancy C

I’m curious about this brand. Dr. Mike, can we have an update? What’s the deal here?
    Thank you!
    Nancy Calloway

#48869 Report Abuse
    Mike Sagman
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy C,

My removal of our review for Big Dog Natural had nothing to do with the quality of the product. The article was removed simply because there were some inconsistencies between the information I had retrieved from the brand’s website and private communications I had had with the company’s owner — as well as blog discussions between the brand and some of our readers

Because I believed my review (that had been based upon the company’s posted label data) could be misleading to readers, I made the editorial decision to withdraw the article from our website.

As of this writing, I have no plans to review it again any time in the near future. Hope this helps.

#48895 Report Abuse
    Nancy C

Thank you, Dr. Mike. This information sheds light. DFA is wonderful and I join others who have expressed appreciation for your tenacity in digging for the Truth, making it possible for us to be as informed as possible. It is tedious work, just as explained above regarding Big Dog Natural and your efforts there. Details matter and your maneuvering through them enables us to feed our pets safely and healthfully. I think this is what’s behind the community’s curiosity about why certain foods are removed from a list. As a vigilant group we want to be sure that some new discovery about a particular food doesn’t affect its safety, especially if we use that food. People worry until they know the reason. Thank you for creating this great site!

In Gratitude to you, Sandy and HDM,
    Nancy Calloway

#142222 Report Abuse
    LORI W

Hi Dr. Mike,
    A friend of mine recommended Big Dog Natural and my online research has lead me here. I’ve read all of the discussions on this forum about the brand and it has me feeling a little concerned. It is been 5 years now …. any chance of you taking another look at it? Thoughts on this brand that you are willing to share from your past research? Is this a product you would feed your dogs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.