šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    InkedMarie

I could have sworn I read something not so good about Big Dan’s trucking raw. A search showed me one person asking about it but nothing else. Anyone know anything about it?

#56545 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It may have been a deleted post. I seem to remember that someone responded to that post with a nasty personal attack and it was deleted, but I could be thinking of something else…

#56546 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

On a FB forum, people are saying its 3 & 4D meat from his rendering plant & denatured with charcoal. The person who just ordered it said its 68 cents a pound….gotta be good quality for that price, right?

#56549 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I looked at their website and some of it is definitely 3D/4D meat denatured with liquid charcoal. Some is just the stuff that they don’t allow for human consumption. Considering some of the nasty things dogs eat, I wouldn’t feel bad feeding that every once in a while, but I wouldn’t want to feed it every day. The meat was really cheap. I think for me, shipping would be more than the meat. They were out of about half of what they carry. The things I read said the liquid charcoal rinses almost completely off pretty easily. I don’t know that I could bring myself to buy from them.

#56556 Report Abuse
    USA

ALL of their BEEF products are denatured.

http://www.bigdanstrucking.com/Products.html

“We use a black denaturant (liquid charcoal), which is added to all of our products due to FSA, MN Agriculture, MN Commercial Feed, MN Animal Board of Health and USDA regulations. This is safe for all pet foods.”

And

“This is a Biosecured Area so you must have an appointment to pick up your order.”

That means they are trying to prevent their animals from catching a disease from you OR giving a disease to you. Big thumbs down for Big Dan’s Trucking!

#56572 Report Abuse

When used in reference to animals, bisecure is typically established to prevent visitors from bringing in disease. Unthinking idiots do not realize how easy it is to track manure on their car wheels shoes etc and disease with it from one farm to another. When I have puppies on premise we follow a “biosecure” policy. No one is allowed to visit here until 7 days minimum after first vaccine..shoes must be dipped in a shoe wash of dilute bleach, hands disinfected, and no visiting another shelter or kennel before mine…we schedule early am visits to ensure it.

#56574 Report Abuse

Hmmm.I dont know that I would buy downed beef from someone I did not know. I DID buy beef from a small local processor that I know who had a cow break a leg so technically “downed”. I have also bought beef from dairy cows that were “old”..simply meaning healthy but not of use to the dairy farm.. Most of these cows have very little fat and therefore not prime choice for human consumption (but if someone wanted tough beef they would be fine for humans). I pay $1.00 a pound.

#56580 Report Abuse
    USA

Big Dan’s Trucking is NOT a farm. It’s a processing plant. There are NO live Cattle there to infect.

And I would never knowingly feed a dog anything that was denatured, or from 3D or 4D animals.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by USA.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by USA.
    #56593 Report Abuse

Again I would not either from an unknown source. However if a neighbor’s organically raised cow falls and breaks a leg again, i’m in. If they slaughter another milk cow not producing, still in. If as stranger offered me the same..no..

#56595 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

That’s how I feel about it. It may be perfectly safe, but who really knows. So I don’t think I could trust them and ever place an order. I’m really not worried about a little liquid charcoal, if that is all it is, on one meal. My dogs eat charcoal sticks out of the burn pit, if you don’t stop them. And I’m not worried about my dog having an extremely rare meal that has a protein source that had a tumor somewhere on it’s body. You could be getting just exactly that in almost every kibble out there. But you just don’t know if the product you are buying is something even worse than that. And I don’t see anyone ordering a box of their protduct and only feeding one meal of it. As I said, I just don’t think I could ever bring myself to buy it. I’ll stick with Hare Today and My Pet Carnivore. And my own “I know how it’s raised” meat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.