šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    homzie

Could someone tell me what the best dog food available at Walmart is? Unfortunately I don’t have many food store choices where I live. I have been buying Rachel Ray, Just 6 but would like to find something better if there is anything.

#33144 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Pure Balance canned. If you have feed stores nearby, they may have more options for you.

#33153 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Some Walmarts carry RR’s Zero Grain, too. I agree Pure Balance. Some have Newman’s Own, but I don’t like the fact the dry contains soy. Some also carry a food called Lamaderm which isn’t bad. And they carry Fresh Pet Select, while not a kibble, could be a good topper.

#33154 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I forgot about Fresh Pet. Everyone reports that it’s very salty, so I guess I don’t like it for a sole diet, even short term.

#33181 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

I recently saw one dry food at WM, I can’t remember the name of it for the LIFE of me! All I remember was they had a grain-free variety… Seems like the bags were dark and had pics of fruits/meat/sweet potatoes/etc. If I’m ever back there, I will try to let you know what it was called…

Every WM is different tho, so what I have, you probably won’t have. Like one person said they found Paramount GF food there (a brand I know very little about, but I’ve tried it since it was at a liquidation store for $1/lb)

Hopefully you can find something that works! If your WM doesn’t seem to have anything that’ll work for your dog, I know several people who order all their dog food online – might be worth looking into.

#33186 Report Abuse
    homzie

Thank you for all of your input! I will go check for these at my Walmart. I appreciate your help!

#33189 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Homzie, are you able to order online? Chewy.com is a great place to order from. They have a lot of different dog foods and the shipping is free over $49. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Doggiefood.com is another site people on here use.

#33191 Report Abuse
    homzie

Well I am not very good at that. It would kind of be a hastle for me to be honest.

#33193 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Shasta…I think the food you are thinking of is Pure Balance, Walmart’s new grain free food. They might have a grain inclusive, too, but Idk. I’ve used a couple of cans of the Pure Balance canned food just to try it, and the dogs liked it fine. I haven’t used it since, though, since I usually use Wellness and Instinct the most.

#33195 Report Abuse
    JASTECH

What about the raw chicken quarters in 10 lb. bag for 7.00 or so? With Wal-Fart the problem would be where their ingredients come from in dog food and any Great Value for that matter.

#33197 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Mom2Cavs, pure balance sounds right I think. Yes, there was a GF and grain-inclusive (30-40$ for a 30lb bag, not a terrible price, really). Honestly I might consider it if my dogs don’t do too well on their new food.

#33611 Report Abuse
    Lance & Nikki
    Participant

I love Chewy.com, it’s where we get our food currently for our dogs. We are buying Artemis brand food and nobody locally sells it, so we get it from Chewy. Once you know how fast your dog(s) go through their food, set it for Autoship and you never have to worry about it again, and Chewy carries many, many top brands of food. Their site is super easy to use homzie, I highly recommend them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.