Best Topper's to add to kibble with low protien

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Best Topper's to add to kibble with low protien

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cajungurl

I have my 15 week old Mastador on Earthborn Meadow Feast, but find the Protien % is too low…. what’s the best toppers to add more protein, but not throw off the calcium/phosphorus ratio

#50659 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Tripett, Solid Gold and Merrick have canned tripe. Unless you want to do raw tripe, which is even better. Tripe has a ratio of 1:1.

#50686 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

Thank you! I’ll definitely add that to my topper list

#50704 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Cajun Girl-
    I add canned pure balance, nature’s domain and whole earth farms. I also add eggs, sardines and raw nuggets as well. Since I’ve been adding eggs and sardines a couple times a week, their coats have become noticeably shinier. The canned food and nuggets are balanced, but the eggs and sardines are not. So they cannot make up more than 10-20 percent of their diet. Good luck!

#50728 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

Thanks! I have been doing the eggs and sardines a couple days a week, will definitely look into the pure balance….

#50729 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I buy it at Walmart. I like the stew recipes. They look and smell great, are easy to mix and inexpensive!

#50851 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

Looked at Pure Balance today at Wal-Mart….. I noticed the can said made by Ol’Roy is that the correct pure balance??!!

#50852 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Pure Balance is an Ol’ Roy product, but it’s actually canned by Simmons. It’s a good product.

#50861 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

Thank you!! I just checked out the rating and comments… I just freaked a little when I saw ol’Roy and immediately put it back on the shelf. Thanks to all the great info on this site, I will pick some up on my next Wal Mart visit.

#50863 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I can understand. It defies logic, doesn’t it!

#50899 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

LOL yes it does

#50938 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Matador? Is that a mastiff/Labrador mix? That’s one I hadn’t heard of before.

#50940 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

Mastador… yes ma’am, it’s a Mastiff/lab mix… I was doing some research on Mastiffs (we were planning to buy) when I came across a few Mastador breeders. I thought, what the heck, i’ll read up on them too! Mastiff—-lab, best of both worlds. I was scrolling Facebook and saw a post of an accidental breeding between neighbors dogs… Male Mastiff and female black lab. They were looking for people to adopt the puppies @4 weeks when the mother’s milk dried up. So we picked up Our Layla and have been in love ever since. We have had 3 pure bred boxers in the past 20+ years and currently have a 7 yr old Yorkie. I can honestly say Layla has been the Best dog ever!!!!!

#51049 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

I sometimes Stella & Chewys or Grandma Lucy’s Purformance as a topper. They are too pricey for me to use otherwise.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.